Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Max at Sam's Club Online for $512

Options
Fosk
Fosk Posts: 19
For those that may be considering a mini max, Sam's has them online only for "today only":

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/minimax-grill-with-nest/prod19820144.ip?xid=shocking-values_product_almost-over

Comments

• Jellyworm
    Jellyworm Posts: 96
    Options
    I looked, they also have a medium, with ConvEGGtor and plate-setter for $798.00, shipping included.  Is this a good price?  Shows it includes nest I think.

Large BGE
    Houston, TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    stay away. No warranty at Sams. You can buy a new large at a fest for $750 with all that and a full warranty. 

the MM you would save $100-$150- but give up a lifetime warranty. no deal.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    As Cen-Tex said...no warranty.  Look around for threads from folks who were glad to have a warranty - there are a few of them...

Also, support your LOCAL little guy stores  - Wal Mark = yuk.
  • Jellyworm
    Jellyworm Posts: 96
    Options
    Did BGE sell Sam's direct, or did one of those Local little guys- just wondering.
    Large BGE
    Houston, TX
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Jellyworm said:
    Did BGE sell Sam's direct, or did one of those Local little guys- just wondering.
    Depends on the story you want to believe. Either way BGE could stop it if they did not want it to happen. Every product has a serial number that could be traced back. Happens to many times in large enough numbers to keep letting it slide. It just hurts the consumer who has no idea about checking the BGE site and read all the details about buying only from a registered dealer.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Options
    There is a sams warranty get your money back not a BGE corporate warranty. As stated earlier BGE corp could stop this if they wanted to, but IMHO they like moving the units without the liability of warranties. Just pads their bottom line

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I would pass, Sam's Club warranty of your money back isn't the same as getting the necessary replacement part. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,046
    edited April 2016
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    I would pass, Sam's Club warranty of your money back isn't the same as getting the necessary replacement part. 
    Sam's Warranty is basically them loaning you an egg.  They hold your money as collateral.  Good way to dip your toe in Green Egg land.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS