Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket on Brisket

Options
Gandolf
Gandolf Posts: 906
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey, all. I've got two 6 pound flats to do for a graduation party tomorrow evening. I've got two Eggs so can do them individually. However, wondered about stacking them, one on the grid, another over it on the grid extender. I do briskets a lot, but haven't done two at once before. Any advice? Thanks[p]Dave

Comments

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Mornning Gandolf:[p]Click on the link below for a post about the two briskets I did for a staff meeting lunch last year. As the post says, these were done on a medium and they turned out just fine. Hope this helps.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay[p]

[ul][li]Two brisket cook[/ul]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    2005012055.jpg
    <p />Gandolf,
    these were 8 pound flats, came out fine and i hadd 2 butts over them. it did restrict some air flow with all that in there, but it was still managable. make sure to give them some cooler time and save the drippings to pour over them when you serve them, i make up a thin brothy sauce with it
    5a1453bd.jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bbqwizard
    bbqwizard Posts: 119
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]
    Damn fine lookin eats you've got there![p]phillip

• Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    SSN686,
    Very nice, Jay. I have yet to cook a brisket, but find myself inspired.[p]

• Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    Gandolf,
    Thanks everyone for your help! Looks like time for a nice "two up" Thanks again.

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    Options
    bbqwizard,
    Yes Sir... that looks delicious! Them look like Sunday Vittles![p] My brisket never comes out like that... mine is always a lot more barky and the meat is usually sort of greasy tasting.[p]Any clues what I'm doing wrong, or is it the quality of meat I'm buying?