Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More reverse sear pleasure

Options
Ive been cooking on my egg for about 6 months, reading and following recipes here.  Everything I cook seems to come out amazing from ribs to turkeys to steak to pizzas.   I have recently begun reverse searing steak and it has taken my already incredible steak experience to a whole different level.  Last night I reverse seared a couple of thick filets.  I included a couple of hickory chunks for flavor.  The crusty charred outside mixed with the smoke flavor and the medium rare melt in your mouth inside created a bonanza of different sensations with every bite.  The wife literally moaned orgasmically with most every bite.  Is this good? ;)

Comments

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    I think that means you nailed it! It could always mean you are like most of us the spend a ton of money on accessories and meat. I have several butcher shops that i frequent. All because of the egg and this forum. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Sounds like you outdid yourself. Good on ya. If you like blue cheese, try a bit of it with your next steak. Its one of my favourites with a good steak. Welcome to this forum, awesome bunch of people here.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Ya reverse sear is a good method. I still do some hot and fasts though. I like them both. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    I too found reverse sear on this forum. It's now a go-to for most cooks.
    Sudbury, Ontario