Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ducks and Geese

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone had any experience with smokeing waterfowl?

Comments

• Capt. Dan
    Capt. Dan Posts: 14
    Options
    duck slayer,
    Take 1 breast fillet and cut it in half lengthwise. This will make the fillet half as thick. There will be 2 fillets to each duck, so four total fillets per duck. Take 1 fillet and put about a tablespoon of cream cheese on one side and 1 whole pepperoncini. Sprinkle with garlic powder and Season salt. Then wrap or roll, the fillet around all of this and wrap with a piece of bacon and spear with a toothpick to hold it all together. Sprinkle again with season salt and garlic powder. Slow cook direct with some hickory for smoke until the bacon is done slightly crispy. This is important. Do not overcook. Duck is lean anyway and will just get dry and tough. You want to remove them at a medium rare and no later. I have served this before with mallards pintails and ringneck duck all served together and they were all delicious. I prefer to marinade the breast fillets in Italian dressing overnite, but I have cooked them up fresh and unmarinated. Good egging. Dan