Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is the plate setter covered by the lifetime ceramic warranty?

Options
paqman
paqman Posts: 4,670
edited March 2016 in EggHead Forum
Mine just cracked.... It is still holding together but I don't want to take a chance.  I also noticed an airline crack at the bottom of my egg... Sad times.

Comments

• volfan1
    volfan1 Posts: 164
    Options
    I believe the warranty is 3 years. If you're past that, I'd look at getting an adjustable rack from Ceramic Grill Store. That's what I'm going to do once my current PS cracks.
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
     3 years on the platesetter
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I have been told 2 years. But I'm not 100% certain on that. Just repeating what I have heard. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
  • tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options
    Glue it with JB Weld and Egg on......
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • hogfan412
    hogfan412 Posts: 75
    Options
    You'll be fine.    I used a broken plate setter for a long long time.   With my adjustable rig and stone the platesetter seems analog in a digital world.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    I could have sworn the dealer told me it was guaranteed for life when I purchased it...  Has this changed over the years?  I see that the date on the document that was posted is 2012, does anyone have prior versions?

Options
    paqman said:
    I could have sworn the dealer told me it was guaranteed for life when I purchased it...  Has this changed over the years?  

My dealer told me 2 years. Could have just been a mistake on his part. But reading the info that Double posted above, it says 3 years for the plate setter. Wish I would have known that last summer. I would be sitting on a new plate setter right now =)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Ask him. Maybe he will work it out if he told you that. Did it fail ? 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    It hasnt broke in half yet. But it is cracked all the way across. It's just a matter of time before it breaks though. 

Status- Standing by.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SGH said:
    It hasnt broke in half yet. But it is cracked all the way across. It's just a matter of time before it breaks though. 
    It's rare they fail without persuasion, but it happens. The reason they limited the warranty on the ps is the fraud. Too bad for those who actually have a failure. I had one break, but I broke it. Hope it works out. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I would just talk to your dealer. My brothers broke and he had his for 5+ years and he replaced with no questions. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL