Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Son of a....

dougcrann
dougcrann Posts: 1,129
....mother effing gophers....We have a well. It is a subpanel tied into our house. Had no water this morning. Grabbed my meter...each leg of the breaker at the house at 120v. One leg in the well house had 120v, the other had 80v. Rigged my generator up to the subpanel...got water....got lots of digging to do.. 

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    dougcrann said:
    ....mother effing gophers....
    Same issues here.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    edited March 2016
    Doug - you sure have been having a lot of black clouds hanging over your head lately! Maybe you need a change of scenery for a while! (Edited to remove a comment about a disagree flag.)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Ron. Perhaps a mistake?  It's easy on a mobile device to hit those buttons unknowingly. In fact, I went back to check that it wasn't me. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    edited March 2016
    Thanks for the explanation @theyolksonyou. I sure didn't mean to create "drama".
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • dougcrann
    RRP said:
    Doug - you sure have been having a lot of black clouds hanging over your head lately! Maybe you need a change of scenery for a while! BTW I wonder why @ar15203 decided to disagree with your post. Was he there today to know this didn't happen or something? I never understand why people feel the need to disagree with some post such as yours! 
    Black clouds are a way of life for me at times. Perhaps the person who "disagreed" is just a buckethead? Lol...

Seems like I have a gremlin thats sole purpose in life is to just cause as much chaos as possible? 

We live close to Lake Spokane/Long Lake/Spokane River. Have a butt load of rock. Just realized no matter which way we dig I will run into a water line....guess I will only be going a foot deep or so. 

Just glad I have a generator. I bought it to power a compressor when we used to go shooting. I had, til I dropped it, a pneumatic Spud gun...
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Sorry to hear about the lack of electricity to your water supply but glad you had back up power to keep things goin.  

Also sorry about the drama that has hit your thread. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    I'd like to send sympathy but you lost me right after no water.  When I have problems like this it pound rocks together and chant to the water Gods.

Seriously, I really would like to understand what happened, at the second grade level please.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I'd like to send sympathy but you lost me right after no water.  When I have problems like this it pound rocks together and chant to the water Gods.

Seriously, I really would like to understand what happened, at the second grade level please.

A gopher chewed through a power line feeding his well pump.

@dougcrann - That's a bummer, trying to find exactly where the damage is could be a real pain. Might be easier to just run a new line and call it a day. Maybe put it in metal conduit.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    edited March 2016
    Have you tried gopher poison pellets? We use to have a gopher problem but ever since my wife started using them in the yard we've become gopher free the last few years. Gophers basketball team is the only problem lately. :s
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • dougcrann
    DMW said:

A gopher chewed through a power line feeding his well pump.

@dougcrann - That's a bummer, trying to find exactly where the damage is could be a real pain. Might be easier to just run a new line and call it a day. Maybe put it in metal conduit.
    Not going to even attempt to find the chewed up area. Don't remember where the excavator buried this. We have river rock galore on our property. Have a neighbor that is persistent that the trench can be dug with a ditch witch. My back can't take that kind of hammering anymore, neighbor said he will dig it for me. When I dug the ditch to put the service on the garage I rented a mini-excavator.  Had a 3', 127' long trench done in under 45 minutes. 
  • dougcrann

WeberWho said:
    Have you tried gopher poison pellets? We use to have a gopher problem but ever since my wife started using them in the yard we've become gopher free the last few years. Gophers basketball team is the only problem lately. :s
    Bought some pellets last summer but never used them. Hesitant because of the dogs. We have a pair of Redbone Coonhounds who always have there nose to the ground...and will often be seen digging, chasing the gophers...
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    @dougcrann make sure you put it in conduit this time. An HDPE pipe should do the trick.
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 558
    Caddyshack Kill All The Gophers - HD

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    abpgwolf said:
    Caddyshack Kill All The Gophers - HD
    Yeap....Carl is your man.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • dougcrann
    1move said:
    @dougcrann make sure you put it in conduit this time. An HDPE pipe should do the trick.
  • dougcrann
    1move said:
    Attempt 2....the electrician I paid to do this prior to me coming up here was supposed to put it in conduit but....
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    edited March 2016
    ^^^ like they said, Call Carl...he's got gopher assassin credentials:
    "Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. A man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote."

Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • dougcrann
    To the person who hit the disagree button....FYI...running a new set of power feeds fixed it so...