Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finished Large BGE Table - Cypress w/Granite Top (Pics Attached)

Eggheaders,

Thanks for all the advice on a previous post.  This was my first 'major' woodworking project.  This forum has a wealth of information.

Details for the readers / future table builders:
  • Created plan in SketchUp from a mix of others.  Started with NakedWhiz's plan and modified.  
  • Louisiana Cypress Wood - rough cut
  • Granite top 2cm. Glued with Loctite Ultimate Construction Adhesive 
  • Finish: Exterior 450 Satin (I spent a lot of time researching what to do here.  There are several opinions.  I almost went with Sikkens or untinted exterior paint, but decided to go with Exterior 450.  My local Woodcraft recommended it.  I am pleased with the performance so far.)
  • No wood stain
  • Enclosed the sides and back by shiplapping boards (with a router) together and kreg jig the top and bottom to frame
  • All frame joints are kreg "jigged" 
  • European hinges for doors
  • BGE Table Nest 
  • Porcelain Tile for Table Nest
  • Casters from castercity.com - these people are very helpful (4" Black Polyolefin Ball Bearing Wheel with hole for your own lag bolt - I used a 3 1/2" lag bolt.  May be overkill, but I did not want the caster to break the table leg.)
  • Rev-A-Shelf 9" shelving system for storage
  • Ordered a customer vinyl cover from "Covers by Mel" (http://www.vinylcoveringsbymel.com/index.html).  Other options were BGE brand cover, Duck covers, or a sunbrella cover.
Photos:

Comments