Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Results from Rocke's in Morton, IL - BGE wins!

RRPRRP Posts: 21,921
edited 11:17AM in EggHead Forum
IMG_1117.jpg
<p />excuse me here, but I just have to be shameless and toot my own horn since no other eggers (who post here anyway) will report in...[p]but yours truly won FIRST PLACE today in the 2nd annual Rocke's Great Steak Grill Off. In doing so I won $1,000 cash plus a large BGE and eggcessories worth another $1,000. I've got to thank BGE itself, plus D/P Raising The Steaks rub and luck itself!!![p]BTW Pat and I decided to donate the BGE to Easter Seals for an upcoming auction.[p]VIVA BGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
L, M, S, &  Mini
And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
Ron
Dunlap, IL
Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!

Comments

• DobieDadDobieDad Posts: 502
    RRP,[p]Congratulations Ron![p]Well done![p]And donating the Egg to Easter Seals is a class act in itself![p]DD
  • Smokin' ToddSmokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    RRP,
    Congrats on your win!
    And by the way...please adversise future IL area eggfests...i.e. like put a link on top the forum page.
    I would rather attend then read about 'em right after it concludes.
    Best wishes for future events,
    ST

• TulsaMurphTulsaMurph Posts: 131
    If you want the horn tooted right, sometimes you have to do it yourself! Congrats on the win, it must have been a blast. Donating the egg to Easter Seals is a really wonderful gift, what a great way to make a lot of people happy with an egg!

Happy Egging!
    John
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    RRP,
    Congratulations!!!, My Friend. You're something special![p]Mike

• RRP,[p]Great job!![p]Dave

• SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,623
    RRP,[p]Well you guys certainly had a great day, CONGRATS.[p]-Smitty

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• MadhatterMadhatter Posts: 139
    RRP,
    Way to go!!!

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,521
    Woohoo!
    Waydago Ron and Pat! Congrats.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • PoppasamPoppasam Posts: 440
    RRP,Great Win, Great Job, and Great Donation. You deserve to TOOT your own horn.[p]Poppasam

• Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
    RRP,
    Wow! Congratulations Ron on your win! Your the BEST spokesperson for the egg..... the First Place win went to one who deserves it, my friend. I'll tip a glass in your direction today.
    Clay

• RRP,
    Wow!First place - most impressive, Ron.and your outfit definitely rates the "Grillmeister"- " REALLY Rocks"!
    Thanks RRP & Pat for cookin' in the contest.Your enthusiasm is contagious, apppreciated and most refreshing.[p]Eggmania is here to stay![p]Brenda

• JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 197
    RRP,
    You are Da Man! Congratulations!
    Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    RRP,
    Wow! Congratulations on your win![p]Ken & Diana

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    RRP, Go ahead, be shameles.. :-)
    Thats a great win, and you have earned it. It more ways than one.
    Congrats..
    C~W[p]

• maddaugmaddaug Posts: 56
    RRP,
    Great job Ron!! Much deserved. Wish we could have joined you. Hopefully next year!!

• QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    RRP,[p]Way to go! Great job representing the Egg world. What a nice thing to do making the donation...[p]Tonia & Larry
    :~)

• RRP,
    Awesome win Ron and great idea to donate to Easter Seals. Any tips on your award winning recipe. Sorry I missed out on the event - maybe next year. [p]Tim

• WhitetailWhitetail Posts: 76
    RRP,
    Way to go Ron. I can’t think of a better way to represent BGE and yourself, winning and donating back the BGE for a good cause and you will be adding another future egger to the group. You’re a class act.