Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My First Cook!! WOW My First time eating food from the EGG

Options
Mark
Mark Posts: 295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi folks,[p]Well, I did it... I poured a nice amount of lump. Lit er up... Marinated a 2 inch Rib Steak... Seared it... Slow cooked... [p]OH MY GOD!!!! The Very Best Steak I've ever had!!! (I've had a few steaks..)[p]Not only was this my first time cooking on the egg, it was my first time ever eating food from the egg... Unbelievable... Truly...[p]I would like to thank all of you for your help and suggestions... You were dead on... Controlling the temp was pretty easy. The egg blew up to 750 very quickly... Came back down to 400 and stayed... Sweet... Dreaming of the next one. Any ideas?? You guys are too good... I might be accused of actually being able to cook...[p]Thanks again...
Warmest Regards... Mark

Comments

• eggnerd
    eggnerd Posts: 64
    Options
    Mark,[p]Welcome! Isn't that egg an amazing thing... I've only had mine for 4 nights, but so far it's been put in use every night. Tonight I did Kabob's... Will post the detail tomorrow.[p]Just cook what you like to eat ... it's always better on an egg![p]Phil
  • Mark
    Options
    Phil,[p]Yeah it was amazing... It reminds me so much of when I lived in the South... The smell and the mesquite... Man it was good... I made a little extra and my damn mouth is watering already... I ate more than I should have, but I might get a midnight snack and watch the last of the hockey game... Keep in touch...[p]Mark
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Mark,
    hhahaha[p]let that be a lesson to all the lurkers out there trying to decide if it's "worth it"[p]welcome aboard

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mark
    Options
    Hey stike,[p]After reading all of these posts I had to think - Man, all these people are eating so well... I gotta get in on some of that... Good BBQ is hard to come by here. In fact there just isn't any period. (Would you believe that Montana's Cook house was voted to have the best ribs??)Gotta do it yourself. I can honestly say that I was pretty cautious at first, but I went for it. If this is any indication of what is to come, I'll be a God... haha Oh and when I finished the steaks tonight, there were 3 cats sitting ever so attentive beside my deck. Not my cats but cats with a taste for better BBQ.. hahahah True Story... [p]Ciao
    Mark

• EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    Mark,[p]I believe you about the cats. Our dog starts begging before we get through eating if I have cooked on the egg. He usually waits until we finish eating any other time. Egged food just smells and tastes better.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • CT Grillguy
    CT Grillguy Posts: 149
    Options
    Mark,[p]Welcome!! Now, get yourself a digital camera and start posting pictures. That's one of the main reasons I spend so much time here, looking at all the glorious food!![p]
  • pipedream
    pipedream Posts: 58
    Options
    Hey Mark and Phil-
    Welcome! Way to go on the steaks!
    Now you guys need to try some low and slow cooks and see how your Egg excells at that! I consider myself a BBQ connoisseur, having eaten at nearly every BBQ house in the SouthEast, and I swear I would put my low and slow, hickory smoked pulled pork up against the best of them!
    Keep on having fun with it - it never gets old! - Si