Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Still sticking with it - chicken and broccoli

Options
So I am still sticking with the lower carb thing and am not having any problem. Tonight some grilled leg quarters and broccoli along with a nice salad. I sprinkled garlic salt and paprika on the broccoli. It was really good. The quarters were wonderful and I like salads, so that part of the effort is not so difficult.
My wife brought home some Krispy Kreme donuts last night and I did have half of one. Now if you told me this time last year it was possible to only eat half of one Krispy Kreme I would not have believed it. Guess I have reason to no longer finish off half the box (or more).

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Chicken and broc looks great.  I could do that.  

Congrats on only eating 1/2 KK.  That is a feat I wouldn't have thought possible.
    Phoenix 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    I've never called a stranger on the internet a liar, but I sure got the urge when I read the part about eating 1/2 of a Krispy Kreme...

Then I realized that I'm just a pig and that others may be actually able to modify their eating habits. 

Congratulations on that - and nice cook.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,173
    Options
    blasting said:
    Chicken and broc looks great.  I could do that.  

Congrats on only eating 1/2 KK.  That is a feat I wouldn't have thought possible.
    Thanks. Good stuff and I am not going hungry.
  • epcotisbest
    edited February 2016
    Options

Foghorn said:
    I've never called a stranger on the internet a liar, but I sure got the urge when I read the part about eating 1/2 of a Krispy Kreme...

Then I realized that I'm just a pig and that others may be actually able to modify their eating habits. 

Congratulations on that - and nice cook.
    Funny.  My willpower is partly due to the doctor scaring the crap outta me.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    What's your connection at EPCOT?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• epcotisbest
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    What's your connection at EPCOT?
    No connection. We have been going to WDW for many, many years and of the four parks we like Epcot best, so that became the screen name. 
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Nice looking plate and well done on portion size.. Great restraint on the sugary sweet Krispy Kreme..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Your cook is awesome. Congrats on the 50% KK. Doubt I could/would be able to do it.
    Keep it going!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blasting
    Options
    @epcotisbest   has been doing great with his low carb plan.  I'm finally ready to do something similar.  For me it will be proteins, veggies, fruit.  Cutting out all the carbs & sugars except what is present naturally.  No breads, pizza, baked goods, or prepared snacks.  No eating after 8pm.  No mix in my adult beverages.  I'm going to be fanatical about this until I reach a target and then re-evaluate.

The way I cook, and for my tastes, this should be doable.  Wish me luck.  

Lunch was good (pictured).   Dinner will be chicken wings and veggies.

Phoenix 
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    blasting said:
    @epcotisbest   has been doing great with his low carb plan.  I'm finally ready to do something similar.  For me it will be proteins, veggies, fruit.  Cutting out all the carbs & sugars except what is present naturally.  No breads, pizza, baked goods, or prepared snacks.  No eating after 8pm.  No mix in my adult beverages.  I'm going to be fanatical about this until I reach a target and then re-evaluate.

The way I cook, and for my tastes, this should be doable.  Wish me luck.  

Lunch was good (pictured).   Dinner will be chicken wings and veggies.

Looks terrific. Congratulations on your effort. You can do it. The best thing for me about the low carb effort is there is lots of variety and most importantly no going hungry. I am convinced it is making a difference. Actually, I know it is making a difference as my sugar numbers are already down some, I am sleeping for more than an hour or two at a time without waking, the constant thirst has decreased and vision is a little less blurry. I have not lost a whole lot of weight, but that will come with time. I have to now work on portion size and start considering caloric intake. 
    Good luck to you. I would suggest stopping by a thrift store or Goodwill sometime and picking up a few low carb cookbooks like Atkins, South Beach and ADA for lots of good ideas and inspiration. I have scored several good cook books for a buck or two each.
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    @blasting.. Good for you. Solid plan and you will see the weight pour off. Just with those small adjustments. I am also watching carbs and sugar. We should start a thread just called "OT Low carb pics and Recipes". Here we just post pics and recipes to help inspire..@epcotisbest is doing a great job with posting..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • blasting
    Options
    @johnmitchell   thanks. I think that thread is a great idea and would for sure participate.  There must be a few dozen of us at least.
    Phoenix