Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What to cook tomorrow?

As of right now its supposed to be in the low 50's here and we have nothing scheduled to do (meaning no kids sporting events).

So what do I cook up tomorrow afternoon.  Looking for a 3-5 hour cook.  Not in the rib mood yet.

Garnerville, NY

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Hi! Been awhile since I've seen you post.

Same temp here. 57F now, but fierce wind gusts. Just a bit cooler, and calmer tomorrow. I found a 4 lb piece of butt today at a decent price, and will do it turbo tomorrow afternoon. For some reason, the local markets had almost all pork at 60% higher than usual for the last month or so, so I'm really looking forward to this.
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    I was thinking of a turbo butt and that could very well win out.

Just trying to think of something else before I go shopping later.

Garnerville, NY
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    did 7 quarts beef stew last weekend, had leftovers til yesterday. 3 to 4 hours
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Meat loaf done in the egg is great.. It won't take 3-5 hours but you could stretch it with first doing some brats wrapped in bacon and of course some adult beverages thrown in for good measure.. Have a great day whatever you do..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    A big roast?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Well plan failed again.  I thought the little league meeting in the morning was just a short meeting - not 3 hours.

Got home and it was too late for a turbo butt.   Went and got a ground beef and made nachos baked on the egg, and a flank steak for cheese steak sandwiches.  Was a good dinner so not a total miss.

Now for the next cook - probably in end of March/April hopefully I will try the turbo butt.

Garnerville, NY
  • @robnybbq "Now for the next cook - probably in end of March/April hopefully I will try the turbo butt."  :o 

Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....