Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Resisted temptation and feel better about it

epcotisbest
epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
edited February 2016 in Weight Loss Forum
So I had a bad craving for pizza yesterday and really wanted biscuits and hash browns this morning. Wife is out of town, running a half-marathon. I thought about take out, was tempted to go by and see what the Dairy Queen had up her sleeve, thought about a big ole stack of blueberry pancakes dripping with butter and maple syrup, considered taking Little Debbie out for a ride by the lake and even thought about finally trying pizza on the egg.
But I decided to stick with my low carb effort and am feeling like I am making the right choices. 
Grilled some thighs yesterday evening and had a small salad to go with them and have plenty left for today. 
This morning I stuck with eggs and sausage, though I did top the eggs with some hot sauce and a tablespoon full of Texas caviar salsa. The salsa label claims four grams of carbs per serving, but it is full of corn and beans so I am not so sure. Gives scrambled eggs a nice kick anyway.
Waiting for her call to let me know how the run went. It is an annual girls trip. Me, I don't run even if you are chasing me with a stick.
So, just wanted to pat myself on the back for sticking with it...and I can do that because I had no Little Debbie in my hand.

Comments

• Congrats keep on keeping on
  • Good for you.. You would have felt really rotten if you had had your way with the DQ believe you me.. There are a lot of us watching your progress and I would have had to hit one of the troll/disagree buttons if you had gone off the rails. Keep up the great work the pay off is going to be huge.. By the way great looking grub and a really funny post. Have a great Sunday and week.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Love the double entendres, and congrats on sticking to the plan, especially since you're "unsupervised".  :triumph: 

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Congrats, keep up the good work 
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,170
    That does not look like diet food. If it works I am in! or are you doing this for other reasons?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,023
    Good job!  The pride of staying on track lasts a lot longer than an icecream sunday anyways!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • epcotisbest
    Good for you.. You would have felt really rotten if you had had your way with the DQ believe you me.. There are a lot of us watching your progress and I would have had to hit one of the troll/disagree buttons if you had gone off the rails. Keep up the great work the pay off is going to be huge.. By the way great looking grub and a really funny post. Have a great Sunday and week.
    Yeah, I would have felt rotten too. Trying hard to stick to this. Appreciate the encouragement and kind words.

• epcotisbest
    poster said:
    That does not look like diet food. If it works I am in! or are you doing this for other reasons?

Doctor's orders as I have to get my sugar and a1c numbers down. Had been eating too many carbs and it affected my numbers over the holidays. Had to increase my meds and add another medication because I did not watch what I was eating, which you simply have to do if diabetic.
    So the main reason is to lower sugar numbers, secondary is for weight loss. Not really losing much, but am dropping some weight low and steady. The main thing is I can already see the sugar numbers coming down, I am not thirsty all the time and peeing constantly and am sleeping for more than a couple of hours at a time.
  • epcotisbest
    Good job!  The pride of staying on track lasts a lot longer than an icecream sunday anyways!
    Thanks. Yeah, I would have probably enjoyed the pizza at the time but regretted it later. As for DQ, I have probably had enough milkshakes and sundaes to last for a lifetime already.
  • epcotisbest
    Congrats keep on keeping on
    Thank you. Appreciate the encouragement.
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,170
    poster said:

Doctor's orders as I have to get my sugar and a1c numbers down. Had been eating too many carbs and it affected my numbers over the holidays. Had to increase my meds and add another medication because I did not watch what I was eating, which you simply have to do if diabetic.
    So the main reason is to lower sugar numbers, secondary is for weight loss. Not really losing much, but am dropping some weight low and steady. The main thing is I can already see the sugar numbers coming down, I am not thirsty all the time and peeing constantly and am sleeping for more than a couple of hours at a time.

Ah o.k. didn't realize you were diabetic. Good job, and good luck with everything
  • epcotisbest
    Botch said:
    Love the double entendres, and congrats on sticking to the plan, especially since you're "unsupervised".  :triumph: 
    Thanks. Doing this for me and for her too, so even though she is not here right now, my health affects her too.
  • epcotisbest
    poster said:
    poster said:

Ah o.k. didn't realize you were diabetic. Good job, and good luck with everything

Thank you. My own fault the sugar numbers are high, so my responsibility to get them back down. You can lose weight eating low carb and I am down quite a bit from a couple of years ago. The key for me is not going hungry. Starvation dieting just won't work for me. If you need to drop some weight, I highly recommend cutting back on carbs.
  • epcotisbest
    Congrats, keep up the good work 
    Thank you.
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    So proud of you. Hubby is fighting his sugar levels too and keeping them in control. I don't have that problem, but I eat the same as him too now. I have never craved sweets, so I guess that helps. I know it's a lifestyle change, but you're doing great with it. Keep up the good work.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • epcotisbest
    Dredger said:
    So proud of you. Hubby is fighting his sugar levels too and keeping them in control. I don't have that problem, but I eat the same as him too now. I have never craved sweets, so I guess that helps. I know it's a lifestyle change, but you're doing great with it. Keep up the good work.
    Thank you. Glad to hear there is success in trying to keep sugar numbers in control. Yes, It is certainly a lifestyle change...and just when I was enjoying the old style.