Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My First Book on Wild Turkey - From Field to Table

Options
Rambo
Rambo Posts: 43
edited February 2016 in EggHead Forum
As you can see I'm not much of a writer... 

Last weekends dinner. What are you cooking today?

Chapter #1 - In The Field

Chapter #2 - On The Egg

Chapter #3 - On The Table

I Love Animals. They Taste Great. 

Large Green Egg - Traeger Texas Pro - Weber kettle Grill for life.

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Outstanding.  Did you brine or inject it?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Rambo
    Options
    @Foghorn 24 hour brine. I haven't had the best of luck injecting birds. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Rambo said:
    @Foghorn 24 hour brine. I haven't had the best of luck injecting birds. 

Looks like it worked out well.  I've actually never tried injecting a bird - but I do brine any free range birds I cook as it seems to really help.  Two years ago some friends did a free range turkey without brining for Thanksgiving... and overcooked it... and they have now sworn off of them even though the year before I cooked them a brined one... and didn't overcook it... and they said it was the best turkey ever...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    that looks fantastic
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Beautiful!! What seasonings did you use?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Occasionally we have two or three dozen parading through the neighborhood. Unfortunately, we can't fire a shotgun within 500 feet of a home. Thinking of a crossbow though. Lot's of meat on the hoof so to speak. Free range at that!
  • Eggpharmer
    Options
    That looks awesome.  I haven't seen that many turkeys the past three years combined,  much less all together.
    Austin, TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    With the title I was looking for the bourbon connection ;)  Great book right there.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Rambo
    Options
    @Carolina Q fresh rosemary, thyme, sage salt and pepper. I like to rub the bird with  white wine before adding the herbs

• Rambo
    Options
    @Sundown I prefer my Hoyt bow. They're tasty

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Thanks!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    My kind of story. Looks delicious
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    Awesome book!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    That's a nice little winter flock you have!  Fun birds to watch, even more fun to hunt, especially in Spring.

looks like a very nice cook, well played.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Nice lookin' superchicken. 

I've gotten close with a bow, just not close enough.  Will keep hammerin' though. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."