Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb leg for my valentine

The BGE has ruined restaurants for us except for the occasional one that I end up regretting when the dinner comes as I realize how much better it would have been if I made it on the BGE.

So this valentines I picked up a whole lamb and decided to do a lamb leg smoke/roast. It turned out really well and tasted just as good.

XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    I need to give that a try sometime. Looks good. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• That's on my bucket list.   Looks great!  Nice cook! 
  • Looks great. We dis a small boneless leg of lamb as well. Kids destroy it. Wife loves it. Added some garlic, because what is Valentine's Day without garlic breath?

No asparagus though. 

They had it in an elastic net, which i jettisoned. I scored the fat along the net lines for the heckuvit. Studded with garlic. The exposed garlic crisps while the sliver under the fat (very shallow) roasts and softens. Was about 250 for 2 hours or so. 

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• cajunrph
    cajunrph Posts: 162
    Both look fantastic. 
    LBGE, Weber Grills, Silverback Pellet grill, PBC. No I don't have a grill issue. 

LBC, Texas 

• Thanks for the inspiration. I've bypassed the lamb for far too long. That looks terrific.
    Stillwater, MN
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,716
    Super delicious!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    It was very good and the entire family approved 
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ