Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Low carb omelette kicked up a notch or two

Options
Giving up biscuits and hashbrowns is hard. Keeping breakfast interesting makes it a bit easier. This is a simple omelette with leftover taco meat, onions, peppers and cheese, topped with peppers and hot sauce. Gotta keep the variety going to not get bored.

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looking good!  Now I want an omlette for lunch. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• johnmitchell
    Options
    You are doing a great job of keeping me inspired to cut back on the carbs.. Looks great.. Keep it up..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Options
    You are doing a great job of keeping me inspired to cut back on the carbs.. Looks great.. Keep it up..
    Thanks. Like I say, variety is key for me.
  • J-dubya
    J-dubya Posts: 173
    Options
    Nice looking omelet. The key to low carb, IMHO, is lots of fat, without the fat you starve and the diet fails. I do <20 carbs a day, except for one cheat day a week. 
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    J-dubya said:
    Nice looking omelet. The key to low carb, IMHO, is lots of fat, without the fat you starve and the diet fails. I do <20 carbs a day, except for one cheat day a week. 
    My whole effort is to get the sugar and A1C numbers down. Have not gone to less than 20 per day, but I guess I could make the effort.
  • J-dubya
    J-dubya Posts: 173
    Options
    J-dubya said:
    My whole effort is to get the sugar and A1C numbers down. Have not gone to less than 20 per day, but I guess I could make the effort.
    If you are a diabetic or pre, you likely will see dramatic results way before you go down to 20grams.  Don't forget, A1C reflects your average sugar, so people who have bad disease (as evidenced by fasting glucose/glucose tolerance) can have a lower A1C but it's due to up-down sugars (not good!). 

Good luck, carbs really are the enemy! 
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    J-dubya said:
    J-dubya said:
    If you are a diabetic or pre, you likely will see dramatic results way before you go down to 20grams.  Don't forget, A1C reflects your average sugar, so people who have bad disease (as evidenced by fasting glucose/glucose tolerance) can have a lower A1C but it's due to up-down sugars (not good!). 

Good luck, carbs really are the enemy! 
    Yes, type 2 here and I have not been eating right for awhile and my numbers got way outta whack.