Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LOST----DIRECTIONS---TO--THE--BIG---GREEN---EGG

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ANYONE---HAVE--SIMPLE--DIRECTIONS--TO---GET----GOING--TO--SMOKE--A--20LB.--TURKEY
THANKS..(SORRY-MY-SON----BROKE--THE--SPACE--BAR---!!!)

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Spencer,[p]Good laugh over the space bar thing! Turkey is quite simple. I did one last night (for the office).[p]I brined it over night the washed it, rubbed it with some lite oil (10w-30, but 10w-40 will do). OK, I really used peanit oil. Then add veggies to the cavity (I used onions chunks, garlic, cellery, apple chucks and carrots). Then smoke it indirectat about 225*. My 6 pounder took about 4.5 - 5 hours. I took it off when the internal temp was 175* (although I kicked up the temp to 350* after about 4 hours ... helps the skin get cripy!). [p]Good luck withit![p]Smokey
    (but

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Spencer,
    My website has a link to a New Users page with some stuff you might find helpful. Be happy you lost the directions - jusy post questions here and get the best answers really fast.[p]Tim

[ul][li]Tim's new users page[/ul]