Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Freezing my Butt

Options
I recently picked up several butts when Kroger had them for .99/lbs and need to know the best way to freeze them. Should I keep them in the store packaging or would it be better to remove it from that packaging and vacuum seal it?  I'm guessing it would be fine either way but wondering if there is a benefit in vac sealing.

Comments

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Depends on how long you are going to freeze them if more than a month I would vacuum seal. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Another variable is the type freezer you are going to use.  If a true stand-alone deep freeze then you are good with tossing them in as is.  If a fridge freezer, then probably better to vac seal depending on how long you intend to store as addressed above by @jabam.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Fosk
    Fosk Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks guys! I do use a chest freezer but I'll go ahead and vac seal since I doubt I will use them all within a month, or so.