Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need small egg by Wed.

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
HELP!! I gotta have a small egg by Wed. I know, I know. The calendar clearly shows when Thanksgiving falls, etc. I've procrastinated. I NEED A SMALL EGG, and I need it by Wed. or my wife will be VERY MAD b/c I can't cook a pork tenderloin and a million pound turket at the same time on the large egg...or, can I? I just don't see how.[p]I'm in Virginia, there is no local dealer that can help, and dammit, I want that small egg. I said, and I repeat, small. Not medium, I've got a large, and I want a small. And I couldn't find one. So please help me. For the love of God, please help me.[p]David Saliba

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    David Saliba,
    Where abouts in Virginia?? I think I heard BBQs Galore is not carrying smalls anymore. Have you called Fairfax Propane? How about the dealers in Maryland?
    Good luck...Junior sure is handy for situations like you are in!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • David. There is another dealer called Woodburner's Two in Arlington. I can give them (and Fairfax Propane) a call when they open if you would like. Let me know.
    NB

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p] I was the one that reported BBQs Galore wasn't selling smalls anymore. That's what the helpful sales staff told me anyway. My theory is they believe that by removing small BGEs from their product line, they can get people to pay almost $200 for a mini . . . FairfaX Propane had a small BGE last time I was in there, but it was a couple months ago. If you're really desperate and are in the Northern VA area, call the distributor, Seasonal Distributors 301-705-1900. They're in Waldorf, MD.[p]MikeO
  • Mike Oelrich
    Options
    NB,[p] Schirmer's in Falls Church also carries BGEs . . .[p]MikeO
  • Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    David Saliba,[p]If you can't find a small Egg in time, you can cook everything on the large. Pork tenderloin takes less than an hour. You could put it on after you take the turkey off - a large bird stays hot for hours (tent it loosely with foil), and needs a good rest before carving anyway.[p]Cathy