Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg question...

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife is going to buy me a BGE ...with table....[p]My question is...Since I am new to the egg..what accessories should I get?....[p]What is something you use with "your" egg that you can't live without. [p]Thanks for any responses...

Comments

• locolongball
    locolongball Posts: 414
    Options
    icemncmth,[p]I'm going to go with a plate setter and pizza stone! Plate setter is a must for indirects, and pizza stone to start practice on your breads and pizza.. [p]have fun,
    loco

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    icemncmth,
    A bigger freezer for stocking up when meats are on sale.
    A platesetter.
    A pizza stone.
    A spark arrestor if yours does not come with one.
    The raised grid.
    A rib rack-I've always used the V rack that BGE sells upside down. Look below at Chubby's guru post and you'll see one that looks a bit better to me.

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    icemncmth,
    Long tongs to flip those T REX STEAKS,Mapp torch to get lump started.Ice chest to store lump,much better than picking limp out of the bag.

• Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Options
    icemncmth,
    Plate setter, raised grid, ash tool and long tongs. Everything else is nice but not essential.

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    icemncmth,
    All the other things plus a Thermapen.
    Larry

• JG
    JG Posts: 5
    Options
    icemncmth,
    Get the ash tool and the roast rack for your ribs....cause once to invert the rack and do ribs the rack will never see the kitchen again. [p]Hubby purchased my egg with the cedar table. Love it!. I am off to Home depot to find a bin for the coals and chips.[p]Have fun and be adventurous! I am going to roast a mix of vegies and a pork tenderloin for supper tonight. [p]Question: What should I season the table with so I can also use the table top as a cutting board?[p][p]

• Rollocks
    Rollocks Posts: 570
    Options
    Consider getting a BBQguru or a Stoker.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for all the informaiton....[p]I think I have a good list of things to get...