Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza with much better results

Options
3rd time making pizza using 00 dough.  1st time was a home run.  2nd time was disappointing.  I'd frozen a ball of dough from my first cook and it turned out heavy and doughy.  Couldn't get temps up where I like it either.

so tonight was my third attempt.  Wife is working late and kids are at grandparents so it's just me.  Perfect time to give it another shot.  Went with one of my favorites - simple margarita pizza.  Dough was light and airy.  Got temps up where I liked and cooked at 750.  Very similar to the first cook.  I'm a believer in the 00 dough.

also got to use a new wooden pizza peel that my wife and kids got me for Christmas and it was amazing. Didn't even need corn meal to slide pizza off; just rubbed it with flour and the pizza slid right off.  

I consider tonight a success!
Roanoke, VA
Large BGE Owner

Comments