Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSWOO Extender & D Grid Owners

Hope everyone had a joyous holiday.  

Santa gifted me this combo & I've a question.

i can put the D grid on/off the extender simply by dropping it onto the extender rather than slid it in the channel. I'm questioning if this is by design or is it a QA manufacturing issue. Seems to me that if items on the top rack were at the rear of the grill the whole grill would tip when slid back from the extender to access the lower grill?

The guide on the bottom of the D grill appears to be bent in such a way as to trap the grill from not only moving side to side but tipping up if they were to bend under the extenders rails but they don't. 

Barrie,Ont.,Canada.

Comments

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700

You may have overthunk this.
    The D grill can't slide back far enough to tip - the dome stops it.

Joyous Holiday Happenings to you as well.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

Just put something on it and slide it back to check it out. It works great. Sort of a trial run before you light it up.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

Here is the setup I did on Thursday.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665

Searched my archives and found this.  The D is on top of the AR with round grid.  I slide the rectangular grid on the slide bars as needed or use with the rectangular stone for indirect cooks.  I have experimented with just about every set up you can imagine with the AR.  It is the bomb.  I use Pam to keep everything sliding smoothly.

Milton, GA.