Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Country Style Ribs...

SuperDave
SuperDave Posts: 319
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought some really good looking Beef Country Style Ribs today from my meat market, and having never done them before, thought I should inquire about them.[p] Any clues or tips on seasoning, temp and egg set up would be appreciated. I assume you low and slow them, being shoulder meat and all, but he particulars of which I haven't a clue.
Something like 240º~260º for 6 hours or so? Just guessing.[p]Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    SuperDave ,
    I think you are on the right track.I do mine indirect for about two hours at 250.Put in foil pan with a cup of beer,bone side down,cover and seal with foil.After 3hours remove,the meat will fall off the bone.Good luck.

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    darnoc,[p] These are boneless beef ribs.... never done 'em before, how differently will the cook go with no bone as a heat sink?[p]I'm afraid I'm gonna turn 'em into jerky! lol...
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    shortribs_640.jpg
    <p />SuperDave, I've dont beef short ribs at 250 dome for about 4-5 hours, just like I do regular racks of beef

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    SuperDave ,
    Cook indirect 350 for 45 min.wrap in heavy duty foil with your favorite sauce and cook for another 45 min.If you dont like sauce use 1/4 cup of apple juice,beer etc.For crispy skin,go direct 4/6 min a side to finish off