Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Our Thanksgiving was today...

Options
Morning All:

We delayed T-day until today as our local son & his family went to his in-laws on Thursday...we started the day with a ham/Swiss/asiago bread roll...

The main attraction was a 14.45# bird who spent three days in the John Ash brine...just put it on one Egg after pouring a bottle of white wine over it...

On the other Egg were three side dishes, beets on the bottom, sausage stuffing in the middle and sweet potato casserole on top...

Bird is ready to come off...used Cherry for smoke to get the dark mahogany color...

Also had Kathy's Parker House Rolls (she won't let me do those on the Egg anymore)...

Now to start on the pies she cooked on Thursday (3 pumpkin, one cherry/blueberry combo).

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    Looks great, nothing like a family banquet.  Enjoy.
    BTW-I am envious of the color on your bird.  I went with cherry wood but it must have been too tired to accommodate.  ;)  Maybe next time.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Jay - that mahogany color is magazine picture perfect! Great job, my friend!   
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Ospreydog
    Options
    Looks great. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great looking Thanksgiving feast!!  Agree with the skin color envy!  Gorgeous.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • BIll-W221
    BIll-W221 Posts: 279
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Everything looks great !!!

I've never seen a bread roll like that, it looks real good !!!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Reminds me a few years back I egged a turkey and while the skin wasn't as dark as yours it was golden and I was quite proud. We carried it to my b-i-l and he said he had gotten a new electric knife and would like to carve the bird so I said sure. Soon after I heard the whirring of the knife I went to the kitchen to see how he liked his knife and I was dumbfounded...they sat the bird skinless! He had ripped all that golden skin off by hand and threw it in the garbage pail!!! I said WHAT happened to the skin? He said nobody eats that sh!t. That was the last bird I egged for them!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    @RRP- know yourself and know the enemy.  ;)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice spread, you and the Mrs. nailed it!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Worth the wait I am sure. Beautiful bird and fixins!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Very nice color on that bird!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.