Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Most neutral charcoal

Options
I'm only a fresh egg owner of about 2 weeks now.  My wonderful wife bought me a LBGE for my graduation present. I've done Salmon, shrimp, pizza, steak, pork chops, and chicken in the 10 days I've had it.  My wife has mentioned the smokey flavor as being very strong for her. Initially I was using the BGE brand lump and tossing in a Applewood split.  I would wait for a clean burning smoke and then add my food. Since her comment I've cut back to the use of just the lump, and I've tried Royal Oak after I burned through most of the first BGE bag.  I noticed tonight she barely touched her Ribeye that was kickass but definitely smoke flavored.  Grilled veggies have also really taken a strong smoke flavor especially when she's used to eating off the Genesis.

Is there a lump that is very neutral that I could buy or perhaps another idea?

Comments