Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Slow Cook on Small Egg

Options
Snowdigger
Snowdigger Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have and love my Large BGE. With only two of us 90% of the time the Small BGE sounds like a nice alternative. Can anyone tell me how many hours of burn you can get for a long and slow cook on the Small Egg?[p]SD

Comments

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Snowdigger,
    I have gotten 10 hrs out of the small doing a brisket flat.
    By the looks of the remaining lump Im sure I could of at least got 2 more.
    In terms of the max you can achieve hopefuly someone who experiemented specifically what you are asking for will jump in.
    But I will tell you the small in addition to your large you will not regret!
    ST

• tn slagamater
    tn slagamater Posts: 623
    Options
    Snowdigger,depending on the type of lump I usually get 12 to 15 hours on low temp cooks. I usually add some lump at 10 to 12 hours. The small uses very little charcoal. It is a GREAT cooker !!

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    P10100832.jpg
    <p />Snowdigger,[p]I've gone as long as 13 hrs on a butt!![p]P10100842.jpg[p]Reguardless of it's size...It's a wonderful Cooker!![p]I probably use it 65 to 70 percent of the time... over the Large![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chubby,
    That baby looks good enough to eat, call when its ready, love you.