Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cordless 4 Probe Thermometer - Model 700

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just received a reply email from the president Wireless Alarm Products (nice to know others work on Sunday) and the Model 700 is indeed available now. In fact, I just placed my order at their website and received a confirmation. Supposed to be shipped within 24 hours.[p]The only difference between a man and a boy is the price of the toy!

Comments

• Bryan
    Bryan Posts: 53
    Options
    Gfw,[p]How much do they get for such a gizmo? We anxiously await a field report![p]Bryan

• Gfw
    Options
    Bryan, it sounds like I could have gotten cheaper from one of their dealers - but, in Peoria, you do what you have to do. $69.95 plus $5.00 shipping. No sales tax. Hopefully it will be here by next weekend - we're out of PP again.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Gfw,
    I have also e-mailed him and gotten several replies. He said mine would go out tomorrow as well and with 2 probes. This sounds neat!! Now I will be able to tell the dome and internal temp of a Butt at 2am when I roll over. He said the probes are replacable at $9 each. They should work well under 300 deg even for dome temps. Since winter is here (63 deg here today) it will be nice if it ever gets too cold to stand outside for long. Pictures and a report when I get it and use it.[p]Tim

• Gfw
    Options
    Tim M, it was 60+ degrees in Peoria today -an all time record for Jan 2nd - it sounds like 'Ricjh Sharpe' had a few orders - we've probably made him work on Sunday. I planning on a little PP for next weekend - really hope it arrives. Have a great evening!

• Tim M,[p]This sounds great, I'm curious about how how you plan to rig this probe with the dome temp. let me know how you do it if possible.[p]Thanks

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Gfw, I just got a reply from Rich at Wireless Alarm, and the way I understand it, the WAP700 comes with one remote sensor and one probe. We could use the WAP750 along with the 700 to monitor the dome as well as meat temps, but both units only read to 199 degrees. I could be mistaken, but that's how he explained it to me.

• Gfw
    Options
    King-O-Coals, I was looking at it purely for the internal temp - at 199 Pulled Pork would be about perfect and I try not to cook beef past the 135-140 degree mark. In fact tonights pork chops came off the grill at 161 -- so the 199 temp, at least for cooking, should work great. Depending upon UPS it should be here Wednesday or Thursday - I hope![p]

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Gfw, I'm getting one too. Getting up several times a night certainly don't help the drinking mood the following day when the arrival of prime pork is expected. I just wish they could have incorporated a 500 to 800 degree model too. That would definately put us in "high cotton".

• Gfw
    Options
    King-O-Coals, the measure of the dome temp would be a greta improvement - I think I'll give them a call tomorrow and suggest a probe that exceeds the 199 mark.[p]In Peoria.. the temp and the snow are falling - predictions are for 3 inches before morning. My next step is to set up a little web camera for my web site. [p]Have a great evening!