Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pastalaya

Options
Well guys about a month ago I decided to cook a pastalaya, which I normally cook in our big 15 gallon cast iron pot... But decided to cook it on the BGE. 

Now for those of you wondering what I am talking about, Pastalaya is Jumbalya essentially but you put in noodles instead of rice. I have been using bowtie noodles, but can be done with any noodle. I used to use fettuccine noodles. 

I decided to cook some pork steaks and baby back ribs directly on the grate before transitioning to putting the dutch oven on the egg. 

Cooking it all down

About to add the rest of the liquid

All done brought inside to serve.. 

Nice subtle smoke flavor.........

----Cave 
Lafayette, LA-- Cajun Country

2- Xl, 1-L, 1-M, 1-Sm. In the green egg department...
Double basket fryer, Cajun Microwave, Boiler, Steamer, Gasser W/ Rotisserie,
15 gallon Cast iron pot, and adding

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother you are on a roll tonight. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• caveman521
    Options
    Been lurking site for a while, finally decided to start posting and becoming active, logging some recent cooks in. Defiantly have to start "remembering" to take pictures lol... Will be cooking chili tomorrow on the Xl and not sure what else I might throw onto the medium..
    ----Cave 
    Lafayette, LA-- Cajun Country

2- Xl, 1-L, 1-M, 1-Sm. In the green egg department...
    Double basket fryer, Cajun Microwave, Boiler, Steamer, Gasser W/ Rotisserie,
    15 gallon Cast iron pot, and adding
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Been lurking site for a while, finally decided to start posting and becoming active, logging some recent cooks in. 
    Well you are off to a great start. Keep the cooks coming. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TXsmokin
    Options
    Nice looking cook. Will have to try jambalaya that way. Looks great with bowties!
    Fort Worth, TX      
    LG Big Green Egg, Weber Genesis Gasser, 36” Blackstone Griddle, Weber Jumbo Joe

Flame Boss 300, Orange Thermapen (because Orange is the fastest)