Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Impressive performance by a 30oz Yeti

Options
Some of you may have seen this around the net recently.  I saw it for the first time today.  The buddy who showed me the pic said it's a family friend's neighbor from Texas.  Based on the phone number on the truck, it's from New Braunfels.  I have my doubts, because it would be too easy to put ice water in the after picture.  However...if this is true, it's pretty incredible.  Ice still in the Rambler AFTER a truck fire.  

No way this is possible, right?  Anyone know more about this?

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I saw that too. Pretty wild. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Impressive if fact. Any takers on a live Myth Buster? :lol: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    You are right...it would have to be live since it has been revealed that Myth Busters is ending plus the fact that the "two stars" have hated each other all these years...though I always sensed theirs was a strange working relationship!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I live in Tx. I have left mine sit in a hot truck all day, with outside temps over 100, and still had ice in it.  I believe it. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited October 2015
    Options

I've lost my will to mythbust now that Kari is gone.  There must be an attractive woman or shiny object involved to keep my attention.

Phoenix 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Me too! She was the girl fox next door who grew up to be what us older farts would say what we want in our kitchen, our living room and then...the real fox in the bedroom! Trust me you doubters...beauty fades, dumb is forever, but brains stay.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I not gonna call bull. But I would have to see it to believe it. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options
    If it's true, I've got to think it's because the cup wasn't right in the fire for a long time.
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    I gotta believe its an illusion. It seems more plausible to me that the plastic lid melted and just looks like ice in the top right picture. But what the hell do I know. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I doubt it. Ice doesn't last in mine in a car on a 100 deg day in Texas.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Griffin said:
    I doubt it. Ice doesn't last in mine in a car on a 100 deg day in Texas.
    Mine does ok in my hot parked car as long as the center console cup holder area is not in the sun.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    I'm going to call BS on this too... I love my YETI but that fuc*** wouldn't stand a chance of having ice in it after a fire.  I might add if my car was burning to the ground saving my YETI would be high on my priority list!  
    Hermosa Beach CA