Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Outdoor kitchen progress (finally)

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:[p]While it isn't quite done, we have made some progress on getting the new Egg kitchen completed. The picture below shows the progress so far and the link covers how we got to this point. It will probably be a couple of weeks more before everything is in place, but the anticipation is half the fun.[p]P5130013.jpg[p]Lawn Ranger, how are you at making drawer pulls? I'm going to need six plus two pulls for the sink doors. I'll get in touch with you shortly via email.[p]Have a GREAT day!
Jay

[ul][li]Egg Kitchen[/ul]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    SSN686,[p]Nice looking home for the Egg.[p]Keep us posted on progress.[p]-Smitty

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    SSN686, very cool. What a great project. I'm sure we'll see many pics of the kitchen in full swing.
    Scott

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    SSN686,
    I guess this means you'll never move.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    SSN686,
    cool logo on your floor! BTW is that a floor drain strip running across the floor? I assume those are mullions in the background so will your room be screened in? If so are you planning to have a ceiling fan or is your roof going to be open thus the need for the floor drain strip?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Looks great Jay. Love the tile. I think you are now in the lead for biggest egghead! I'm sure you have been called worse....
    That really looks great.

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Jose'
    Jose' Posts: 48
    Options
    SSN686,
    Is the whole floor just etched concrete? Looks awsome!

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    SSN686,
    Now that is what I'm talking about.[p]That just Rocks Jay!!!

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning SMITTYtheSMOKER:[p]Will do![p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning Scott:[p]Thanks! I hope to have it totally completed in time to enjoy cooking there on Memorial Day weekend, but it will probably be the following weekend.[p]More pics to follow.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning tach18k:[p]That is correct, we have no intention of ever moving again.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning Ron:[p]Yes, that is a floor drain strip. The contractor thought it worked better than trying to "connect" the old slab with the new slab (click on the link in the original post to get a better idea of what we started with). Plus as you can see in the pic below, it will be screened in with an open roof (the drain will help during the Florida downpours).[p]P5130008.jpg[p]The screening hasn't been installed yet on the panels at the back of the cabinets in order to have access to install the electrical runs and make it easier to install the counter-tops when they are ready.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay[p]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning Wardster:[p]Yes, I have definitely been called worse! The "tile" is really acid staining of the concrete slab. It came out better than I expected, especially the "egg" in the middle of the floor (that was Kathy's idea). Here is a better pic of the egg logo.[p] P5130006.jpg[p]The drain strip was white so I tried to match the color of the floor, but didn't quite make it. If I find something later that matches better I may try again, but this looks better than the bright white.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning Jose':[p]Yes, the whole floor is acid stained, etched concrete (including the "egg logo"). Thanks for the kind words. See the reply below to Wardster for a closer look at the floor.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning Bobby-Q:[p]Thanks for the kind words! We can't wait for it to be done so we can put it to good use.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Options
    SSN686,
    oh the fun you'll have in there! That is one lovely addition and I bet you'll be seeing more of your neighbors now.

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning hayhonker:[p]Thanks for the kind words! We do plan on having a lot of fun with the addition. As for the neighbors, one night about six months ago I had a couple of pork butts going overnight. I had woke up about 3:30am to answer the call of nature and decided to check on the butts also. While I was checking the egg I heard this voice say "What you got cooking there?" At first I had no idea where the voice was coming from, but my neighbor was up and outside at that hour also and just looked over the fence when he saw the light on the porch come on. I almost jumped through the roof when I heard him. So watch out for those neighbors during an all-nighter.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Eroc
    Eroc Posts: 53
    Options
    SSN686,
    That's great!
    I'm very envious!