Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Target Seasonal Clearance, Weber Jumbo Joe $29.98

Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited August 2015 in EggHead Forum
Normally $60, this is a phenomenal cooker for the price for those wanting a great portable without having to shell out $600 for the MM..... literally grab-and-go, 18" grill.  

Had an older one with the vents on the side(poor design).  Worked fine, but had to really work hard to get high heat.  

Vent is now on the very bottom of the bowl, like their other kettles.  The removable ash pan is a nice touch as well.  Grabbed the last two at my Tar-jay (one NIB, one display).

Dude was nice enough to knock 10% off the display.....$26.  All day baby!

DCPI is 009-07-0464

Inventory checker
http://marketplaces.fyndly.com/target/tools/inventory/check.html

This would be a great option for those with a L or XL, considering another grill to compliment.  You can crank out a crap-ton of grub on the JJ.

Happy huntin'

Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    Sweet deal!  Love those kettles.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    Dang it.  I have 2 nearby.. I don't need it, but it is a good price on a good portable grill.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I just mentioned this morning on another post how I was looking to upgrade my Joe to Jumbo. Heading to grab my keys. Thanks for the heads up. You da man @Focker
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • For those out there looking to save every penny you can get another 5% off that if you use a target red card. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Your link says there are none in stock near me and that the price is $42, not $30. Target's actual website says "low stock" but that the price is $60.  Oh well. I already have a smokey joe and a 22" kettle anyway. But for $30............

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WeberWho
    Your link says there are none in stock near me and that the price is $42, not $30. Target's actual website says "low stock" but that the price is $60.  Oh well. I already have a smokey joe and a 22" kettle anyway. But for $30............
    I would imagine Target would price match another Target store
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    42 here in southern illinois too. I already have the smokey joe silver..... 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Thanks for posting this.  My wife is on the way to pick up the last one at out local Target.  They have it for $39, but I am not going to argue.  Now that I have been cooking with the natural lump (and we like it a lot) I am buying one to put in my RV for traveling.  I have a Weber Q200 in the RV, but I am beginning to like the natural charcoal much better than gas.

Again, thanks for posting.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    We love ours , it goes camping with us. That's a great price
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • WeberWho
    I can't wait to fire this bad boy up for tailgating!

Minnesota
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    It is a nice size. I was hawking for a deal lastnight at Wally world. They're still 60 bucks there. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • GRE1
    GRE1 Posts: 68
    Just picked one up..... Thanks for the heads up!!!!
    XL times 2
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Three stores in my area have them at $29. Don't need one but at that price may be hard to avoid a little trip tomorrow. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Focker
    edited August 2015
    First rip.  Boys requested drummies at the store.  Found some hatch for $.99/lb.  

Huge improvement with airflow on the new design.

Breakfast today

First time with the hatch.  Honestly, not quite sure what all the hype is about. They are good, don't get me wrong, but not great.  Actually prefer a poblano, with the added heat it provides.  Just felt a little disappointed is all.  May have to try a specific dish with em for a final determination.

Wasn't a total loss, found some dried hatch chiles at Hy-Vee too.  Toasted and gound them last night......wonderful dried.  Will work well with the others I tend to prefer in rubs.    
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker

HeavyG said:
    Three stores in my area have them at $29. Don't need one but at that price may be hard to avoid a little trip tomorrow. :)
    Flip em. Could easily get $40 NIB on CL.

Years ago HD had 18" WSMs for $70.  Ended up with four total.  One went to my cousin at cost who recently caught the BBQ bug, rest went for $200.  
    046.jpg 122.4K
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    Glad y'all could take advantage of this great deal.  For the $42 prices, Target may do timed markdowns.  Give it a week or two and check back.  

Guys, one quick tip for the new owners.  On the two I purchased, the top damper was biting into the porcelain lid, even after backing off on tightness.  

Before assembly, you may want to hit it with sandpaper to smooth out the rough edge on the bottom of the damper.  I did, and it works much better.  

Kind of nice these dampers are no longer riveted.  Snug it up and make sure the damper moves easily. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    FOund 'em in my area for $30. Not too bad, but I think that's what they are usually priced here.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    I'm a sheep...found 1 near me, bought it.  Do not need it, but is a good deal.
  • Focker
    Griffin said:
    FOund 'em in my area for $30. Not too bad, but I think that's what they are usually priced here.
    @Griffin,
    Hey Grif, the regular 14" Smokey Joes are usually $29.99 new.  
    This model is called the Jumbo Joe, is 18", and usually $59.99 new.  HTH
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• WeberWho
    The Weber Jumbo kicks arse! I used it for the first time tonight after our softball game. We're talking basic tailgate food. Basic as it gets but the real estate is on this Jumbo Joe is fantastic! It usually takes two rounds on my old Weber Joe but not anymore. The handle to dump the charcoal/lock lid into place works slick. Fits inside the trunk of the car. Easily worth the $30. Absolutely perfect for basic tailgating. 

Minnesota