Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Cover

Options
mike
mike Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just bought a large BGE with the stay open hinge and the side shelves. I also bought the cover but there is no way it will fit over anything but the basic BGE. Am I doing something wrong or should I send the cover back. I am about 250 miles away from the nearest dealer & could call them but I wanted to try the forum.[p]Thanks
Mike

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Mike,
    They must have sent you the wrong cover,i have eggmates on my large egg and the cover fits fine,call the store in Atlanta and they will tell you the number of the one you need-1-800-939-3447.
    Larrt

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Mike,[p]You received the wrong cover intended for the standard Egg. An oversize cover is available which takes into consideration the auto lock bands and fixed handle position. Contact your dealer for replacement.[p]K~G

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    What if your BGE is enclosed in a built in table? Do you really need a cover anyway?[p]Mick
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Mike, My first BGE came with no egg mates. The second one did, it comes with a different cover that fits great. Either you got the wrong cover or an older style that really didn't fit good to start with.[p]CWM

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    MickeyT, it all depends on where you have it, but I have both a small and a large side by side in the same table. I had researched the size a BGE cover would accomodate so I kept my dimensions within that range. The cover is sewn in such a fashion to accept a large+small or large+med or just a large though there's obvious space underneath. Once the leaves are off the trees on my heavily shaded deck I intend to just use a tarp for the winter months' harsh sun and keep my "official BGE" purdy cover for the summer(outdoors) months.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.