Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks to all who responded-my steak was EXCELLENT

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,887
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A week ago I asked for ideas on creating a truly good "steakhouse" steak as all my New York strips had been little more than cooked beef. Yesterday I went to the butcher and got some 1.5 fresh cut Angus strips, saw them "bloom" during the hours before supper and with fingers crossed I lighted humpty. At 750° I put them on with no spice, no nothing went 3/3/1 and geeeeeeeeeeez that was remarkable steak! I must agree with you folks who said to let a good piece of meat speak for itself! Thanks again.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• RRP,[p]congrats dude. I just did some rib eyes last Friday and one of them was awesome. The other one was only so-so. The so-so one reminded of steak I had at Michael Jordon's restaurant in NYC. [p]BTW, does your butcher have any "dry-aged" stuff (prime). If you can score that, the top of your head might blow off.
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    RRP, Life is GOOD when the strips are GREAT! :~}

• Huck
    Huck Posts: 110
    RRP,
    I agree, it's almost sinful how good those high temp seared steaks turn out. My buddy has a propane and says he can do the same. I say this... put a clean pot full of water on a propane/nat gas grill, turn it up and look at all the nasteeees that accumulate. You gotta eat those petrochemical gitchies, yuck!