Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pit controller placement with Woo2

I just started to use the my XL Woo2 with a heat deflector for long cooks (instead of the BGE plate setter) and I'm wondering where I should place my DigiQ DX2 pit probe. It seems like if I put the probe next to the meat (covered by the pizza stone) then the dome temp sky rockets. That made me think I should put the probe outside the pizza stone but that seems extreme to me. Can anyone share some experience notes? 
XL egg owner, home brewer, jogger, coffee roaster, gamer 

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Pull the dome thermo and put it there. Out of the way on the cooking surface and no fried probe wires. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • pretzelb
    pretzelb Posts: 158
    Dobie said:
    Pull the dome thermo and put it there. Out of the way on the cooking surface and no fried probe wires. 
    Doh. So I must be an idiot. The dome thermometer sticks out and my Digi Q has a roach clip for the pit probe so I can just clip the Digi Q to the dome termometer. As long as it stays connected it should work. Is that what everyone else does?
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    That's what we do...just get a good bite.  Dobie's idea of using it in lieu of the dome thermo is good too.  (Swordsmn using spouses ipad AGAIN)
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • pretzelb
    pretzelb Posts: 158
    swordsmn said:
    That's what we do...just get a good bite.  Dobie's idea of using it in lieu of the dome thermo is good too.  (Swordsmn using spouses ipad AGAIN)
    Well, I wasn't going to ask but how do you swap the pit probe for the dome thermometer?