Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Report on First Butt and Wireless Thermometer

Options
GeoM
GeoM Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Finally did my first pulled-pork using a 7 lb Boston butt. Got to use my new Maverick wireless temp unit that everyone has been trying. Both were fantastic. Cooked at a temp of about 250 for 20 hrs.
The wife and friends were most impressed. I've even been asked to cater a wedding![p]Boy did that wireless thermometer come in handy. Had it sitting next to my bed during the night and was alerted at 2AM when my high temp alarm went off. If it just had a low temp alarm it would be perfect. The wife also appreciates that I'm not constantly running out of the house in the middle of a conversation to check my egg temp. Having 2 temp probes is a real bonus. The probe fit the dome hole perfectly - no drilling was necessary. [p]Planning to do brisket this week-end. Life is indeed good! [p]

Comments