Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

(Broken) Ribs

Options
First go at ribs on the Egg. I'm also currently nursing broken ribs of my own following a roller skating accident. Even my doctor failed to keep the smile off his face when I told him how I'd done it! 

Anyway, to the ribs. I bought belly ribs from my local butcher, and smothered them with a mustard moisturiser (recipe from Adam Perry Lang's book)

Then, sprinkled with seasoning blend

Grilled unwrapped for a couple of hours

Then back on the grill in foil smeared in honey, sugar and apple juice. Then a final blast with BBQ sauce

And served with fried chicken wings, buttered rice and salad

American style BBQ is here to stay in this UK household.

Cheers!
Chris

P.S. Full recipe on my blog if anyone's interested.
Northamptonshire, UK
Twitter - @criggybarbar
Blog - www.criggybites.com

Comments

• mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    edited August 2015
    Options
    That looks mighty tasty!  Congrats on a fine cook!!

OT
    Say, by the way, I kind of got hooked on the Dart tournaments over there (Premier league?).  I have it set to record whenever it comes on television.  I just watched Taylor vs. Anderson in the finals (I think this was from Jan 2015 but not positive).  Anyway, I'm not sure why but I enjoy watching this much more than say, European Football.  I find some of the personalities and match ups to be pretty compelling.  Do you follow Darts over there at all?  I'm not sure how popular it might be but I am curious.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Ribs look great......you need to work on your broken ribs story though. :o  Nothing like a good embellishment.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • mahenryak
    Options
    you need to work on your broken ribs story though. :o  Nothing like a good embellishment.
    :lol: 

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    They look wonderful!!!  Thanks for sharing!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Ribs look tasty.  
    +1 on what @northGAcock said   :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • CriggyBites
    Options
    @northGAcock I didn't think you'd be interested. I'm actually a professional stunt man, I'm working on the new Harry Potter film and have a scene on rocket powered roller skates. In space. I collided with a robotic dragon and fell 300,000 ft to the hard earth. I was lucky. 
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Twitter - @criggybarbar

• CriggyBites
    Options
    @mahenryak Darts is big over here, it's a proper traditional English pub game. As a result, darts and beer go hand in hand. I love the world championships at the Lakeside club in Surrey. Top entertainment and lots of booze! 
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Twitter - @criggybarbar

• CriggyBites
    Options
    Has anyone noticed my schoolboy/noob error?? I forgot to put a damn drip tray in, realised way too late and ended up with burnt honey glaze all over my plate setter. DOH!!!!
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Twitter - @criggybarbar

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    The ribs look great!  Roller skating is no joke...concrete is hard! 

If it makes you feel better, I once sprained an ankle on one of those inflatable "bounce house" things.  I was about 35 at the time.   

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @northGAcock I didn't think you'd be interested. I'm actually a professional stunt man, I'm working on the new Harry Potter film and have a scene on rocket powered roller skates. In space. I collided with a robotic dragon and fell 300,000 ft to the hard earth. I was lucky. 
    Ahhhha.....now we are getting to the bottom of it. Well all the best on the mending and hope you have a speedy recovery. I have had a couple of broken ones myself....you ain't having fun. Careful with those pain killers.

I only brought it up....cause you mentioned it in the title. You can't leave us hanging like that. Tell Harry I said da haw......he'll know what I mean.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • mahenryak
    Options
    @mahenryak Darts is big over here, it's a proper traditional English pub game. As a result, darts and beer go hand in hand. I love the world championships at the Lakeside club in Surrey. Top entertainment and lots of booze! 
    Nice!

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Ok. Nice ribs. 

Now point. 

HOW IN HELL DID YOU THINK A BUNCH OF MIDDLE AGED OVERWEIGHT DUDES WOULDN'T BE INTERESTED IN THE FACT YOU'RE A PROFESSIONAL STUNTMAN!

yelling over. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Much better.  B)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    You really need to get this out on the front end. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    LOL.  Nice looking meal!