Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help! My egg won't open!

Options
RDU-Hoo
RDU-Hoo Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm not sure but my egg may be protesting the Bayou Cooker I just got. Anyways, I cooked steaks last night and now I cannot open the egg. I let the egg run longer then usual hoping to burn up some old lump. Looks like the gaskets melted. I need some ideas about how get Mr Humpty open. It's definitely Monday.[p]I've also noticed that since I got my iron trivet, I'm having more flare ups when opening the egg and less arm hair. Anyone else experienced this?[p]Yours in Egg,[p]RDU-Hoo

Comments

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    RDU-Hoo,[p]I empathize. I've never melted mine shut but I've frozen it shut.[p]You need a putty knife (or some other short/stiff-bladed instrument) to pry the gaskets apart. According to others who've reported on this it may take a little while to get it open...but you will.[p]Good luck -[p]Cathy[p]
  • bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    RDU-Hoo,
    I've melted a few with the trivet as well. As Cat said, try a thin putty knife or screw driver to pry the dome open at various points around the circumference. It will open with persistence.
    bd