Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

buying a lge bge, Accessories?

Options
Sandman
Sandman Posts: 36
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Buying my first bge. What accessories do you all reccomend. THanks. [p]By the way, I love the reading the posts. Great stuff.

Comments

• Pick
    Pick Posts: 36
    Options
    Sandman,
    Grill Grippers and Placesetter are a must in my opinion. Later Jason

• GenesGrill
    GenesGrill Posts: 308
    Options
    Sandman,
    The four most important things I got were the plate setter (for indirect cooking), grill gripper, ash removal tool, and soon as possible, get a remote meat thermometer; I bought the Maverick ET-73 and really like it, although there are others on the market.....

• Groundfish
    Options
    Sandman,
    you probably want:[p]an extended grill (a neccessity for me)
    a pizza stone (well used)
    maverick remote thermometer (always used for long low cooks)
    thermapen thermometer (very accurate very fast)[p]i use an old cake pan for indirect cooking though i would like to get a plate setter.[p]i have the ash tool but prefer a shop vac to clean ashes.[p]i have to go egg my dinner now,
    you are probably going to love your new egg..............

• GenesGrill
    GenesGrill Posts: 308
    Options
    GenesGrill,
    Forgot to mention......BE SURE to read the Naked Whiz website concerning ceramic cooking.....great info there....we all owe him a big thanks for the info he puts together....

• Sandman,[p]I am new myself. I purchased the plate setter and find it one of the best purchases. My purchase also came with an ash tool, and grill gripper. Both needed! After that, you will soon find many other things out there to buy. [p]EggPilot
  • eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    Sandman,[p]I been eggin for a while now, check out the forum for new ideas, most of the best stuff comes from eggers that post here. Lots of good stuff that you can build or buy, look for new ideas and adapt them to what you think works for you.[p]In my mind there is no must haves for the egg, but there are a bunch of ways that you can tweek your egg to make it a little easier to cook different foods.[p]If I had to say two things that will really increase the qaulity of cooking would be...[p]raised grid and a way to rig for indirect...[p]Lots of ways of doing this, some better than others, just be a little creative and check the forum.[p]Scott