Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any one for fire brick?

Bamabob
Bamabob Posts: 246
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy,seems like a bunch of folks are having trouble getting ahold of skinny fire brick.The last ones I bought at a brick yard cost me about $.68 each,I keep 6 on hand.If anyone coming to EGGFEST needs any,drop me an email and I,ll be glad to bring some with me.My cost will be your cost.Hope I can help.Bob

Comments

• Bamabob,[p]I answered your reply of a few days ago about my inability to find splits but somehow it didn't get posted. Your kind offer is appreciated re shipping some or offering them to me at the Eggfest. I live in Lubbock, TX which is waaay to far to even think of shipping, and, regrettably, too far for me to attend the Fest. [p]I'll soon go to Dallas or Albuquerque where I can surely find something ceramic for my large egg. [p]The camaraderie on this forum is incredible![p]bb

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    bb,
    Have you tried these places?[p]Acme Brick 2301 Avenue A, Lubbock, TX (806) 747-3181
    Brunson Brick & Stone Inc. 525 32nd St Lubbock, TX
    (806) 744-1812 [p]Featherlite Building Products 1508 Erskine St Lubbock, TX
    (806) 763-8202 [p]Shroyer Brick & Landscape 2318 118th St # Ee Lubbock, TX
    (806) 748-7374

• bdavidson,[p]Not only those, but everything in the Yellow Pages that even smelled of brick.
  • hounddog
    hounddog Posts: 126
    bb,
    in our area, firebricks are carried by Lowes [equals Home Depot or the like] as a seasonal item. They also are carried by the local farmer's supply store. Maybe this will help you.

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    bb,
    I was in Lubbock not too long ago. I would have delivered them free of charge. Sorry you are having so much difficulty in finding them!
    Look at it this way...I have to buy my mesquite chunks!
    :-)

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    bb,
    Hey...I'm in FT Worth. I will be at Eggfest (whaddya mean too far?). If you like, I can bring you a couple firebricks back from the fest. Lemme know.