Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Does anyone from eggquarters read this forum??......

Options
GenesGrill
GenesGrill Posts: 308
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
just wondering...if so, I have a suggestion...BGE needs to put out an updated manual/video due to some info is not correct. For one thing, on my egg there is no tab on the upper hinge band like it says on the video. I can also tell now that a bag of charcoal will probably last me a month at best, and I'm not normally a "heavy" griller.....

Comments

• Parrothead
    Parrothead Posts: 101
    Options
    GenesGrill,
    I don't know if they read or not. I do know that the running joke is for all newbies to use their manual as a fire starter for their first cook. You can get all of your questions answered right here by the fine folks on this forum!![p]Wobbly pops to ya![p]Chris

Wobbly Pops to ya, Chris
  • GenesGrill
    Options
    Parrothead,
    The comment about being used as a firestarter after mailing in the warranty.....I have heard many times.....wish they would come out with a new DVD and instruction manual.....

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    GenesGrill,
    yeah
    they read it, but they pretty much stay 'hands off' and let the users self-police and dole out advice.[p]they set up the swing-set, keep it maintained, but we play on it.[p]for the most part, too, they are silent on matters. they take note, go away for a while (sometimes a looong while it may seem) and then pop up every now and then with a new product or improvement. rather than make teensy incremental upgrades, to borrow a software analogy,(1.01, 1.02) they sorta issue whole new 'versions', v1.0,v2.0,v3.0 etc.[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    GenesGrill,
    New DVD is already out and comes with new Eggs. Our dealer in town has them so I am sure they are elsewhere. I would not be surprised if a new Book will follow the DVD. I am sure we will hear it here if and when it does come out.[p]-Kevin

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    If they put out a good manual.....and if they put out a DVD......then you wouldn't have any need for this forum.....and if we didn't have this particular forum.....what would we look at a few times per day.....for stress and emotional relief?......So.....throw away the manual....keep reading this forum.....making new friends.....learning new stuff....and otherwise....having a pretty damned good time!![p]Ed McLean....eddiemac
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• GenesGrill
    Options
    Squeeze,
    Nice to hear about the DVD.....my dealership (as of last week) doesn't have it. What changes did you notice in the new DVD???

• Smokin Bob
    Smokin Bob Posts: 239
    Options
    GenesGrill,[p]They shouldn't even go to the expense. They just need to put in a piece of paper pointing them to this forum!
  • Squeeze
    Options
    GenesGrill,
    Looks nothing like the old VHS. Has a recipe section, different cook, just much nicer overall.[p]-Kevin

Kevin Jacques
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

• Pick
    Pick Posts: 36
    Options
    GenesGrill,
    I have watched both the video and the DVD, the DVD is updated and contains more information, and shows some guy cooking several different foods, DVD is much better, Later Jason

• Essex County
    Options
    GenesGrill,
    I would be curious as to how many people buy eggs without visiting this forum first. I know when I went looking for a new grill and saw this odd looking green thing in a dealer's showroom, I was intrigued. The salesman said something about a "cult" that even had its own website. I poked around on this site and was convinced that the BGE was the way to go. [p]As for the manual, etc... Well, I think the mothership is more focused on production quality.
    Paul

• hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Options
    Essex County,
    I stumbled upon the K cooker website first and started to become facinated with ceramics. It wasn't until I began lurking here that my mind was made up that BGE was the way to go.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Essex County,
    I got my egg before I new about the forum. I bet it's a majority. A ton of folks hear about the egg from other eggers.
    beers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    GenesGrill,
    You've got mail.

• GenesGrill
    Options
    Essex County,
    I lurked on here for a few weeks before buying my egg. Actually, the first time I saw one was in Ohio at a campground....the campground's owner had two of them.....

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Essex County,
    I cooked on mine for 2.5 years before I found the forum. Several of my buddies had them. I found the forum and showed them. They replied, and still do to this day, "Your weird..."

Apollo Beach, FL
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Essex County,
    i am a membre of a few graphics forums, and they often have a counter down the bottom which is very interesting.[p]usually something like "22 members and 375 lurkers are now on-line"[p]wonder how this site would read....

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    stike,
    It would be great if they could tag an ip address and have it read X members, y lurkers and z trolls.....

Apollo Beach, FL
  • GenesGrill
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    Bobby....just read/replied....thanks! Hope to make it ti Eggtobertfest and get to meet you guys in person....

• Dos Huevos
    Dos Huevos Posts: 368
    Options
    wardster,[p]it would just say[p]stike = troll[p]: )

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Essex County,
    when i saw it i thought it looked like the ultimate weber kettle. i was sold but the store i saw it in wanted to sell me something else. i got on line, ordered it, found the forum and elder wards write up and was prepared for my first cook when i got it.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Options
    Essex County,I had read the Forum before getting an EGG because my son-in-law had one. We use Eggs to compete with and I am amazed how many folks have EGGS but have never heard of the Forum or a platesetter.[p]Good EGGIN' to ALL,
    Poppasam

• GenesGrill
    Options
    Poppasam,
    That's amazing when you think about it. Most anyone who can afford an egg has a computer and you would assume that due to natural curiousity they would look up info on their PC about the egg......

• trackman
    trackman Posts: 47
    Options
    I live in Tampa and all the convincing I needed was to try the food from two of the guys in my neighborhood who have eggs. I've always been a charcoal / lump guy and that's all the convincing I needed.
  • Squeeze
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    Where's my mail man?

Kevin Jacques
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    136018232_d2e46739db.jpg?v=0
    <p />Essex County,
    You would be suprised. This group at last years' PA Eggfest made pizza all day, amound other foods, and were very knowledgable about the Egg. They even had a real nice set up which included a lot of decorations...and yet never heard of this forum. With all that it kinda suggests that being an Egger is inborn...lol
    ST

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Squeeze,
    I thought I owed you a phone call...did I screw that up to?[p]lol

• Ironbaugh
    Ironbaugh Posts: 93
    Options
    GenesGrill,
    I bought my first egg 4 years ago w/out checking the BGE forum. The dealer told me I could use Kingsford charcoal. So I did and my first 2 or 3 cooks were lousy. I called BGE-- They said I needed to use lump (what's that I asked?) and to check out the forum. The forum is where I've learned cook and make many friends.

• Poppasam
    Options
    GenesGrill,I always ask if they have internet access and them tell them about the forum and other sites to check. I explain to them that the EGG FORUM is a never ending source of food ideas and if they have a problem it is the place to get several answers. [p]Good EGGIN' to You,
    Poppasam

• Poppasam
    Options
    Ironbaugh,the friends part is as good as the infomation part. Great crowd of folks here.
  • GenesGrill
    Options
    Poppasam,
    Have you heard from John (Egret) recently?? He told me a few days ago he was having computer problems....