Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chinese Style Ribs

ShortRib
ShortRib Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Saw a recipe for Chinese style ribs posted a month or so back. Looked really good and something I would like to try this weekend. Can someone post it please?

Comments

• ShortRib,
    You have 2 emails, might help.

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Richard,[p]Would you mind posting them for the rest of us? Thanks![p]Tonia
    :~)

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    ShortRib,
    ive used this recipe that ive seen qsis post in the past. i buy a country rib roast and remove the ribs. i marinate and cook both the rib and loin section with this. tastes just like chinese ribs served in the boston area, except the meat quality is much better. i did these for the super bowl this year
    20ba33ad.jpg[p]Char Siu Chinese Marinade (Paul Kirk)[p]½ cup sugar
    3 T. sweet sherry
    2 T. soy sauce
    ½ cup hoisin sauce
    2 teas. minced fresh ginger
    ½ teas. five-spice powder
    1 teas. salt
    ½ teas. red food coloring[p]Mix the sugar into the sherry and soy sauce until sugar is dissolved. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well.[p]Paul says he uses it mostly on pork strips and country-style ribs. He marinates those pieces for 2-4 hours. I marinate the pork loin overnight.[p]Cook to 140 degrees internal temperature.[p]

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman,
    Is that teriyaki beef on those skewers? One of my favorites for take-out. Do you mind sharing your recipe?
    Thanks,
    Tony

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    ColaCooker,
    i dont have the exact recipe here, but have it written down at home, if i remember ill get it tomorrow and send it to you, its roughly a tblspoon of most of the ingrediants. i like the mee tu soy over the kikomans for marinades

[ul][li]marinade[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • QBabe,
    Tonia, Have 9, too many to post, your email bounced back that was working when I sent the other recipes. Got a new address or is yahoo down? Regards

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Richard,[p]Email is the same...must be down. Don't worry about it...[p]Tonia
    :~)

• ShortRib
    ShortRib Posts: 180
    fishlessman,[p]That's the one. Looks like candy to me. I am going to give it a try for sure. Might do ribs with it or I might do some tenderloins with it. Thanks for posting.