Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is it worth going to the mothership?

bcsnave
bcsnave Posts: 1,009

I am in Atlanta and about 15 miles from the BGE mothership.

Is it worth my time to duck out of my audit and see the place?

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

Glenbeulah, WI

Comments

• bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    I have never been but if you are in the area I would go.   Lots of eggcessories from what I hear.   Hope to get by there one day. 
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • PorkU
    PorkU Posts: 32
    The new location is pretty nice but they aren't allowed to sell anything below msrp so the stuff you see there you can get a lot less anywhere else!  Swing by Roswell hardware for anything you need/want
    WWW.PORKU.NET

FACEBOOK.COM/PORKU11

INSTAGRAM  PORK_U

TWITTER.COM/PORKUNIVERSITY

PERISCOPE  PORK U
  • bcsnave
    Do the still have an outlet? @porkU

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• PorkU
    No it does not@bcsnave
    WWW.PORKU.NET

FACEBOOK.COM/PORKU11

INSTAGRAM  PORK_U

PERISCOPE  PORK U
  • PorkU
    Maybe after the eggtoberfest they will....but not now.
    WWW.PORKU.NET

FACEBOOK.COM/PORKU11

INSTAGRAM  PORK_U

PERISCOPE  PORK U
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Looking at BGE's seems like it'd be worth getting away from an audit. Plus, it will appease your curiosity. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • bcsnave
    what the heck....it's right next door to a Corvette dealer ..so I'll twist my arm and make an afternoon of it..gotta wait for a 7:30 flight anyway

Glenbeulah, WI

• RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    I just went recently and I really enjoyed just looking around. I did buy a BGE mug and a couple different sized calzone presses 
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    @bcsnave what kind of auditor are you?  I started my career in public accounting as an auditor. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • bcsnave

@grillin_beersI am the Director of Quality/Regulatory for a medical device manufacturer 

Glenbeulah, WI

• Grillin_beers
    Oh ok.  Different type of auditor, lol. 

• SpartanPride
    SpartanPride Posts: 161
    They have a "museum" which is basically a little room with old Eggs in it. Other than that it's basically every eggessory out there. It won't blow your mind.  C+
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    bcsnave said:

@grillin_beersI am the Director of Quality/Regulatory for a medical device manufacturer 

You down with GMP?  Yeah you know me. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    SWMBO went there to get me a "present" a few months ago and gave the guys a earful.  They had a lot if polo shirts and T-shirts she thought would look good on me.  They were all smalls and mediums... So she complained to the manager and the sales rep and asked, "if your customers love BBQ, do you really think they will fit into these sizes?"

She recommends calling first to see if they have the other sizes in stock before you go...

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• bcsnave
    THANKS GUYS,,,kind of what I thought....not really worth the trip other that to say "I've been there"

Glenbeulah, WI

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Dammit, I'm out of town. We could see which old white dude could last three seconds!   ;)  or, we could grab a beer. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited July 2015
    I've been to their previous location and also their current one. I'd say its worth stopping by. Pick up some coozies and stickers while you are there.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Oh come on ... you've gone about 870 miles and now you're debating about the last 15 miles?  Go see the place.  Need an excuse?  Ask what year the egg on the highest pedestal is from (credit to DMW for pic):

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• RiverDoc
    Ooo and they have this guy!
    -Todd
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    bcsnave said:
    THANKS GUYS,,,kind of what I thought....not really worth the trip other that to say "I've been there"
    You should really go, especially for the cooking school. Get on the email and go check out a few classes. If I lived that close, I would take advantage of that knowledge. Heck, I might even learn how to finally bake cornbread!

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    bcsnave said:
    You should really go, especially for the cooking school. Get on the email and go check out a few classes. If I lived that close, I would take advantage of that knowledge. Heck, I might even learn how to finally bake cornbread!

Agree. They do a nice job. Serve beer/wine and plenty to eat. Might learn a trick or two based on the specific class.

Other than that, not worth the trip IMHO. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Isn't a trip to Mecca a requirement for Eggheads? 
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    Isn't a trip to Mecca a requirement for Eggheads? 
    It is a Bucket List thing for Eggheads but I would not advise going out of one's way to get there. 

Unless you're taking a two hour class, it's a 15 minute Eggsperience at best. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Its OK.  Yes, its bigger and brighter inside, but not enough to make a pilgrimage specifically for that.

Ditto on the shirts.  Lucky for me, I can shrink a tshirt like no one else, so that 3XL tshirt is now an XL.

If I was going somewhere for accessories and the like, I'll ditto @PorkU and say Roswell HW just up the road a bit.  There's also a fair amount of dealers in the nearby area that have good selections.

Roswell HW has TONS of Yeti products as well.  They also have the full line of ThermoWorks products from Thermopens to Dots to TimeSticks, to remote monitors.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Sameday
    Sameday Posts: 43
    Roswell also has a good selection of sauces and rubs.  
  • Grillin_beers
    It sounds like Roswell HW is the true Mecca.  Everyone talks about it like its the greatest place on earth.  I'll have to go there one day. 

• DaveRichardson
    @Grillin_beers - I'll say this....  I live south of the Atlanta Airport and I will drive the good hour to hour+20 to get to Roswell HW for everything from rubs to warranty parts.

Plus, just south of them there is a BBQ place that an old family friend runs that I like to stop in and wax nostalgic.....

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    @Grillin_beers - I'll say this....  I live south of the Atlanta Airport and I will drive the good hour to hour+20 to get to Roswell HW for everything from rubs to warranty parts.

Plus, just south of them there is a BBQ place that an old family friend runs that I like to stop in and wax nostalgic.....
    @DaveRichardson - Spiced Right?  I saw that place the other day and was wondering about it.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• RiverDoc

Roswell HW has TONS of Yeti products as well.  They also have the full line of ThermoWorks products from Thermopens to Dots to TimeSticks, to remote monitors.
    looks like I'm heading to Roswell soon.
    -Todd
  • DaveRichardson
    @SmokeyPitt Yep, their original place was in Lilburn off Hwy 29 near Tucker/Norcorss.  Some of the first BBQ I had has a kid other than the place just outside Stone Mountain Park....  Sucks that I can't remember the name!!!