Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deep Dish Pizza

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a deep ceramic dish my wife bought from pampered chef that I plan on using to cook a pizza in. However, I am unsure as to time and temp in the Egg and also whether I should coat the dish with oil to make it go a bit easier.[p]PS. I've had the egg for 6 months now, but now I am finally starting to get creative with it...

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Brian McGackin,[p]Deep dish has not been all that successful to date on the forum. There was a person here who did have some luck with a ceramic dish deep dish pizza, but I now can't recall who it was. I personally have not had much luck. I have tried a cast iron skillet with no luck. I recently got a ceramic dish but have not yet tried it. Please let me know what you do and how it comes out. [p]Tim
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Brian McGackin,
    Just a quick word of warning before your wife stops talking to you, be careful with the Pampered Chef products. There have been reports here of their pizza stones cracking in the egg. Your intent to cook a deep-dish pizza sounds wonderful; just do not cook your goose in the process.[p]You have me wishing that I lived closer to Chicago to get some truly fabulous deep-dish pizza.[p]I wonder if a two-stage cook would help the process. First partially cook the bottom crust, then apply the top crust and finish cooking.[p]Just thunking,
    RhumAndJerk

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    RhumAndJerk,
    Giordano's sells half-baked pizzas which they will fed ex to you anywhere in the country. I wonder how that would be in the egg?

[ul][li]Giordano's Pizza[/ul]
  • bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    RhumAndJerk,
    Giordano's sells half-baked pizzas which they will fed ex to you anywhere in the country. I wonder how that would be in the egg?

[ul][li]Giordano's Pizza[/ul]
  • Brian McGackin,[p]Watch the temperature closely with that pampered chef stone.
    I cracked my wife's stone on the second pizza I tried somewhere over 550 degrees. Shortly after I heard the crack my wife handed me the pampered chef instructions which clearly stated no exposure to direct heat source. I would recommend fire bricks under the stone extending outside the edges of the stone. Also minimum pre-heat.[p]John