Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help with fish???

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
One of my employees enjoys striper fishing at Beaver in Oklahoma. He brought me back a bunch of fillets and insist I cook them on the BGE. I have Char Crust and was going to try some of that but any other recipes-ideas wouild be helpfull. Not so lucky for me, I'll be in Georgia the day after the Eggtoberfest. [p]CWM

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    This is the way one of my employees cooks striper fish,he catches them all the time.We live 16 miles from a 1,200 mile shore line lake that is loaded with striper.[p]Place fish in a pan,melt 1/2 stick of butter and spread evenly over fish,next mix 1/4 teaspoon each of the following and sprinkle over fish.
    Garlic powder
    Lemon pepper
    Old Bay seasoning
    Season salt
    Now dice 1/2 of a onion,one small tomato ane one bell pepper in 1/4" squares and spread over fish.
    Place pan in egg at 350 degrees,for 8 to 10 minutes,when fish starts to turn white,remove from egg.Now sprinke the top of the fish with 1/2 cup each of Cheddar and Mozzarella cheese,place back in egg until cheese melts,now it's time to eat.The secret is not to over cook,i think you will like this.
    Larry

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    YB, Thanks, He is chopping at the bit for me to try this. I'll let you know. We'll be cooking this next Friday.[p]CWM
  • YB, that's another one of my most favorite ways. After I'm sure it is done to perfection, I carefully drain the liquid from the pan and put it back on the EGG to do a little drying. If the wind will allow me, I'm going after some white trout this weekend and your recipe is the way we fix them on the grill.
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    KOC,
    Good luck with the fishing,we will go back to Athens to watch UGA play football in between the fences,the hedges are gone after the Ga-Tenn game,what a shame.I am going to take mini again this weekend, boy did he draw a crowd last weekend with 2 1/2" beef tenderloin steaks cooking.
    YB