Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Steaks with BBQ Sauce mop

Options
Another day in the UK where the heavens didn't open. I could get used to this! That said, my egg, since I bought it has been burning most evenings come rain or shine. No way would I have cooked outdoors this much without the egg. Tonight, just a simple direct cook of some pork steaks. Brined in apple juice, water, salt and muscavado sugar for a couple of hours.

Took them off at about 58c/136f, having mopped them every couple of minutes, knowing they'd carry on cooking while resting. I buy top quality organic, locally reared pork, so I'd eat it pretty pink if needs be. I wouldn't eat it pink from the supermarkets. I don't know what the meat sourcing protocols are in the US, but over here they're not good. Did you hear about the horse meat scandal??

Served with a pearl barley and chorizo stew, finely shredded Chinese leaf, more BBQ sauce and coriander leaf. 

I still smile every time I put something in my mouth off the Egg. It's like nothing else I've ever used before. Pork steaks are so easy to dry out, but not anymore! 

Cheers!
Chris
Northamptonshire, UK
Twitter - @criggybarbar
Blog - www.criggybites.com

Comments