Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st time post

Options
This is my first post, but been lurking on this forum for a while now.  Got my XL a year ago from my wife as a 10yr Anniversary gift - best gift ever!  

Pizza from a few days ago - half smoked salmon, half pepperoni with pepperocini.  All ingredients were from Trader Joe's.  Cooked at dome temp of 500.  Thought the middle might be undercooked as the dough was on the thicker side, but it came out great with a nice crunch on the bottom and airy in the middle

Tonight's dinner - sockeye, wings, lobster tails and a ribeye (not shown).  Sorry no after shots, went straight to the stomach!   And yes those are briquettes-  have free bag that I'm trying to use up!

Wings off, tails on

I'll post more of my past cooks later.  Eggin is so freakin addicting and my only regret is not getting one 10yrs earlier!
MM & XL BGE, Bay Area CA

Comments

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    Great first post, welcome to the board, don't be a stranger.

Nice looking cooks!

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Looks great!! Welcome to the insanity and feel free to post more goodness. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Hunter1881
    Hunter1881 Posts: 406
    Options
    Looks great. Welcome.
    Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    This forum has the best group of people, with knowledge of all things, even remotely associated with Egging. Welcome to OCD therapy for Eggers.
    The cost to join, is nowhere near the cost to stay. 
    Have fun!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Very nice...Welcome, great pics..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Great cook pics!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Awesome post.  Thanks for sharing.  That all looks delicious.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Great looking cooks!  The only problem is that you might have set the bar too high! Lol.  We will be expecting more delicious cooks in the future! 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Welcome to the forum ... keep the pictures coming.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Welcome to the forum my new friend !!!

I've wanted to do lobster tails since DRoberts908 told me they had them on sale the other day. I can see them in my near future !!!

Great looking cook !

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Welcome to the forum and to the lifestyle!

Obvioulsy not a beginner!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Tails were on sale at Safeway $5 each (4-5 oz each).  Only got two for the wife and I, but I could've easily ate 5 to myself!

I'm still a beginner when it comes to the low and slow - I've only smoked ribs and whole turkey,  haven't done a butt or brisket yet...  
    MM & XL BGE, Bay Area CA
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Nice cooks. Welcome!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Welcome to it!
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options

I'm still a beginner when it comes to the low and slow - I've only smoked ribs and whole turkey,  haven't done a butt or brisket yet...  
    We have a Brisket/Pork class coming up on July 25th, may be worth a trip to Eggs by the Bay?

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Welcome!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    What's for dinner?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• jollygreenegg
    Options

We have a Brisket/Pork class coming up on July 25th, may be worth a trip to Eggs by the Bay?
    Can't make it out that day, but will check you guys if I'm in that area.  I live in the east bay in Hayward.
    MM & XL BGE, Bay Area CA
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Hmm...briquettes on an egg. You'll get along great with @SGH. He'll burn anything. :smiley: 
    Could be worse, you could be using Cowboy Lump. 

Welcome to the fun. Great looking food. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming