Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Still looking for help

stormyddog
stormyddog Posts: 43
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
8 1/2 pound pork loin for easter diner, I need some idea's on cooking times, set up and temp. Our plan is to stuff this monster, wrap it in bacon and cook it. Worried that it is to big for the v-rack.
Thanks and Happy Easter all.

Comments

• stormyddog,
    I did not stuff mine but did inject it with a marinade.
    It was about a 5.5 lb pork Loin. Cooked it at 350 degress for about 2 hours (took it off at 155) for medium. As you can see, I used the V-rack in a pan. Hope this helps.[p]DSCN1894.jpg[p]
    DSCN1974.jpg

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    stormyddog,
    My method for large loin roasts is indirect at 400 dome until I hit 150 internal. Times? Meat should be done under two hours(could be as short as I hour) if the roast is not too cold and then it's good to let the roast rest for a while before slicing. Have clean buring lump with dome temp settled in before the roast goes in. If the stuffed roast is a big long one, I'd slice into two after tieing and roast side by side on the grid with a drip pan on inverted plate setter. A little apple or pecan smoke is a nice touch.
    Hope this helps.
    Good luck,
    Clay

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Hasenfeffer,
    That, my good friend, just got me droolin. Absolutely beautiful!
    Have a great Easter day,
    Clay

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    IMG_0997_1.jpg
    <p />stormyddog,[p]I've made this several times, very good, and I think you would like it...[p]I cooked indirect at 300 till temp was 140+ and let rest for 10 minutes.
    Spiral cut this so that it was about 3/4inch thick and cover with Dijon mustard, season with a little salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, and paprika. Chop up 1/4 cup of onion, one jalapeno, and three cloves of garlic. I added 1 tbs of corn oil, 1 Tbs real lime, 4 tbs orange juice and 6 tbs of rhubarb chutney.
    1/4 the mixture was spread onto the roast then rolled back up and tied off. The remainder was basted back on during the cook.
    If you have the time, let this marinate for several hours in the fridge, but double the ingredients and use half as the marinade. [p]
    here is what it'll look like after you spread the mixture[p]IMG_0993_1.jpg[p]and on the egg[p]IMG_0995_1.jpg[p]the chutney was homemade, lost the dang recipe,but try and find something at the grocery store to substitute.[p]Scott

• ClayQ,
    Thanks buddy! Have a great Easter yourself.