Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Done Early

Looks like my 12 lb brisket will finish in next hour or 2.  People not coming till 5.  It's 9 right now.  A little too long for FTC maybe.  What is best way to reheat serve?  Thanks.

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I don't think its too long to FTC, I did one for 6 hour and it was still too hot to touch.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    With an el cheapo igloo cooler I have FTC'd a brisket for 7+ hours and the lowest meat temp when time to slice was 150*F.
    Prep the cooler with hot water, heat some garage quality towels in the dryer, then after the brisket is done-give it about 15 minutes to stop the carry-over cooking then double wrap in HDAF, and the heated towels and toss in the cooler.  Place in the sun (if mother nature is helping) and ride it home.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    Agreed. FTC

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX