Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Improved home for the Eggs

Started with this setup for my Father's day Eggs

Decided it was time for a little upgrade to better enjoy the experience.

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,723
    Looks great!! Nice Cookin spot you got there!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Very nice improvement !  Is that a storage locker for your goodies to the right ?
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Nice improvement. 

If you haven't already discovered it, the top half of the Smokeware cap can be stripped the off the top of the egg in New York minute when removing the BGE cover.  Here are a couple of ideas to keep it in place when the cover is removed.  Obviously the seal has to be in place holding the bottom half securely to the egg.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1174836/smokeware-cap-vs-bge-cover/p1

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Looks sharp! Great improvement. Whats the black box?
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • Kesims22
    Kesims22 Posts: 8
    The storage locker is a water proof truck box flipped on its side for all the eggcessories. 
  • Kesims22
    Kesims22 Posts: 8
    Here is the box before I mounted it.

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I like 'em both! :) And I like the idea of the rainfly overhead. Where did you get it?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Looks like one of the Sunbrella Sun Shade Sail things.....  I've been coveting those for a while...

Love the idea of the truck box.....  That will be going onto my back deck shortly; gotta troll Craigslist......

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Great spot!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Nice setup.  Share some deets on the work.  Looks like a lot of excavating and stone work.  Both the ground and the walls.  Great area.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio