Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Thick Cut Pork Chops

Options
SpiceCooks
SpiceCooks Posts: 80
edited November -1 in Pork

Ingredients

• &#190 Cup lightly packed light brown sugar
• &#189 Cup kosher salt
• 10 Clove garlic, minced
• 4 bay leaves, crushed
• 3 Tbs whole black peppercorns, crushed
• 4 bone-in or boneless 12-oz pork chops, 1 ½ inches thick

Instructions

In bowl or measuring cup, dissolve sugar and salt in 2 cups hot water. Add garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, and 4 more cups cold water, cool mixture to room temperature. Pour mixture in gallon size Zip-Loc® bag. Add pork chops, then seal bag, pressing out as much air as possible, refrigerate until fully seasoned, about 2-3 hours. Remove chops from brine, rinse and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Season with favorite dry rub.

Grill over direct heat about 13-15 minutes turning once at 450°F

Notes

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare:

Comments

• ChristinaSunshine
    Options
    @SpiceCooks   The brine is reading funny here -- how much salt and how much b sugar?

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    190 cups apparently.
    Easiest way to do a brine is equal parts sugar and salt. Stir it to dissolve. Then place a raw egg (with shell intact of course) in the brine. If the egg sinks, then you need more sugar and salt. If the egg floats, then the brine is saturated and anymore sugar and salt you add won't dissolve.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Oh, remove egg once it floats and put it back where you got it from.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• scottn83
    scottn83 Posts: 117
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    Oh, remove egg once it floats and put it back where you got it from.
    just read this to my wife she said what back up the chickens A$$ LOL
    hello all I live in KY Bourbon country so I love my makers, love my egg but still love my wife the most
  • scottn83
    Options
    hope this is cool adding pics when using the above help "Before"
    hello all I live in KY Bourbon country so I love my makers, love my egg but still love my wife the most
  • scottn83
    Options
    cooking
  • scottn83
    Options
    plated
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Great looking cook !!  I know you enjoyed !!

Welcome to the forum, if I haven't already said.  Lots of new faces around and I lose track easily. !!

What part of KY do you live?

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !!