Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tried TREX method last night, BEST steak ever

Jason
Jason Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had went to the butcher shop to purchase strips, like most people have been using or describing, but the I seen the butcher walk through with fresh cut cherry red porterhouses, my favorite cut, I couldn't resist, anyways tried Trex method, best ever. The last porterhouse I ate and shared with my wife was the famous Ruths Chris Steakhouse the prime dut porterhouse for two, I think mine was better, thanks for all those who responded to to me when I inquired about this method last week some time, I've had my egg for 1-1/2 weeks now, and have done whole chickens, bratworst, pork tenderloins, 4 awesome butts and trex steaks, and I'm only 25 years old, I can't wait to see what the BGE has in store for me and my wife and friends, thanks to everyone this forum is a dream. Jason

Comments

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Jason,
    Great job! Your lucky to have an egg at 25, I waited until I was twice that....then I got smart.[p]Give your butcher a dozen big gooy donuts and tell him how much you enjoyed his steaks that you cooked on the egg. Make friends in high places.[p]Have fun!
    Clay

• Brayon
    Brayon Posts: 24
    Another young egger! Nice to hear.[p]I am about to get my 25 as well and got the egg for almost a year now. With a life long warantee, every new born should get an egg!